Replies

• jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Chicken burgers, hotdogs, sweet potato fries and salad
  • staceybradleywells
    staceybradleywells Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love these posts always great ideas. We are having homemade black bean salsa (with black beans, tomoatoes, corn, onion, green pepper) yum.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast over spring mix with goat cheese, walnuts and strawberries with homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette!

This made my mouth water!
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pork steaks cooked in the crock pot, spinach, and low carb coleslaw!
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken noodle soup (low sodium).
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast over spring mix with goat cheese, walnuts and strawberries with homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette!

YUM!

Chicken italian sausage and macaroni salad here.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've got a bunch of fresh, organic basil, tomatoes, garlic cloves, and onion. I've also got some chicken breast. I'm thinking I'm going to grill the chicken, top with a slice of mozzarella, and then bruscetta.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Grilled asparagus and this:

Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms
    (Makes 2 servings, could be doubled easily. Adapted from a recipe idea on Dine and Dish, who got it from RecipeZaar.)

1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 4 oz., I used baby bella brown mushrooms)
    1-2 T olive oil (depends on your pan)
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 T 100% whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (I like Penzeys.)
    1/3 cup chicken stock or canned chicken broth
    2 T good quality Balsamic vinegar (I like Fini Brand)
    1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
    1/2 tsp. garlic puree

Clean mushrooms and slice in thick slices. (I confess, I wash my mushrooms.) Heat a little of the olive oil in heavy frying pan and saute mushrooms 4-5 minutes, until starting to slightly brown.

While mushrooms brown, trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts, then pound chicken until it is about 3/8 inch thick. (I put chicken in a small, heavy duty ziploc bag and use a meat mallet to pound one chicken breast at a time.)

Mix flour and poultry seasoning on a plate. Remove mushrooms from frying pan and put in small bowl. Add a bit more olive oil to pan and heat. Coat each chicken breast in a very thin layer of flour/poultry seasoning mixture, then add to pan. Saute over medium heat until quite brown on each side, about 6-7 minutes total. While chicken cooks, combine balsamic vinegar, Dijon, and garlic puree.

When chicken is browned on both sides and done, remove from pan and put on serving plate. Add chicken stock to hot pan and deglaze, scraping browned bits off the bottom. Cook 1-2 minutes, until stock is slightly reduced. Add balsamic vinegar mixture, and mushrooms, cook 1-2 minutes more. Pour over chicken and serve immediately.

This printable recipe from KalynsKitchen.com.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Soy pineapple chicken tenders over a bed of butter lettuce and shiratake noodles. Will put some guacamole, broccomole, red onions, tomatoes, capers, and pita chips on top. Can't wait to eat!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    (leftover) Tofu stir fry on a bed of chopped bok choy.

Last night was steak with sliced avacados.

Tomorrow is mango chicken.

Gotta have it pre-planned, otherwise I'd just eat scrambled eggs & baked beans every night...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Shake n Baked chicken & romaine salad w/ balsamic dressing, white cheddar, turkey bacon and homemade garlic croutons.