eating 1200 burining 4-800

Options
/ PLEASE help. Im confused with the resting.calorie burning thing. So if my resting is 1520 and i eat 1200 and burn an additional 500 a day...how much weight should i loose a week? / I aiming for 1lb a day at least 5lbs a week. im 5'3 170 23 yr female

EDIT

IM ONLY TRYING TO LOOSE 5 LBS FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND THEN 2 AFTER(. Im trying to loose 10 lbs in 1 month), I GOT THE 1200 CALORIE INTAKE GOAL FORM THE SITE...WHAT SHOULD I BE EATING IF NOT 1200

Replies

• NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This is not going to go well!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You'd need to eat a net negative 3500 calories a day to lose a pound a day. Not smart. Not healthy. Go eat.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    :noway:

1lb = roughly 3500 calories

I'm hoping you mean you want to lose 1lb a week. :indifferent:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    / PLEASE help. Im confused with the resting.calorie burning thing. So if my resting is 1520 and i eat 1200 and burn an additional 500 a day...how much weight should i loose a week? / I aiming for 1lb a day at least 5lbs a week. im 5'3 170 23 yr female

What???:noway:

Perhaps if you were over 300 then 5 a week would be fine but sorry that ain't happening at 170.
    If you just started then you can lose 5 pounds in the first week then it will be 1-2.
    And then if you do not increase your calories your weight loss will stall and then you will gain weight back or have to eat only 800 calories a day for life.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    How could it go wrong?
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If you don't win you lose, you don't loose.
    You may wish to lose weight, not loose weight.
    You may be losing your hair, not loosing your hair.
  • MarizMommie
    MarizMommie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How do i know when and how much to increase my calories by? for the last three days ive been under my goal of 1200 according to this site, and ive work out between 4-800 over the various days. Im just scared that after i wait and dont see any progress that ill get discouraged.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How could it go wrong?

I assume you're being a smart*ss, chickie!
  • Achrya
    Options
    How could it go wrong?

I assume you're being a smart*ss, chickie!

You caught me. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Another one?

Zz8U77r.gif
  • IronD
    IronD Posts: 10
    Options
    I lost 23 pounds in 2 months on a 1200 calories per day diet. My advice to you is that you MUST exercise. Cardio, Cardio and weight lifting.I still eat regular foods and lost the weight because I pushed myself to: 1) Box- that burns 1000 calories per hour plus 2) Elliptical you can burn between 800-1100 calories per hour. I workout 6 days a week and have Sunday as my day to stretch and rest. Best wishes to you.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose muscle, then trying an aggressive deficit will accomplish that. Muscle burns calories while at rest. Why do you want to make your body's engine smaller? There are no quick fixes to losing weight. It took time to put on, it's gonna take time to take off.

Eat your exercises calories back and don't freak out over daily weight fluctuations. If you are diligent at keeping a small net deficit, the weight will come off barring any underlying medical condition.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I lost 23 pounds in 2 months on a 1200 calories per day diet. My advice to you is that you MUST exercise. Cardio, Cardio and weight lifting.I still eat regular foods and lost the weight because I pushed myself to: 1) Box- that burns 1000 calories per hour plus 2) Elliptical you can burn between 800-1100 calories per hour. I workout 6 days a week and have Sunday as my day to stretch and rest. Best wishes to you.

Do this! Except, do the opposite.
  • Achrya
    Options

For a split second I was worried/thought you were serious.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Impatient much? Slow down...read the FAQs...crash diets like you want to do are ultimately a waste of time.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well they did that one study where one guy was fed straight vitamins / nutrients and nothing else...
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

For a split second I was worried/thought you were serious.

same :laugh:
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race, do it right the first time cz trying to take short cuts or rushing it is the long way that always fail and you gotta start from point one everytime.
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    Another one?

Zz8U77r.gif

I love Bill Hader. This gif is the only good thing that will come out of this thread...