Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    How is this a problem? I think it's awesome.
    see?
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I usually don't care that they're showing when I work out...as long as they aren't googly eyed.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    So it isn't quite what you think... or is it?

I am having this issue with nipples and the gym. The only thing is, I am having an issue with my own nipples. I wear a good sports bra, and my tanks typically have one of those built in sports bras as well. Regardless of wearing both, my nipples show like nobody's business. It typically doesn't happen until right after I get done doing any cardio. Does anyone else have this problem; especially the ladies? Do you just accept it, no big deal? I some times feel a little self conscious about it. I know everyone there is doing their own deal, but my gosh they are out there and very noticeable. Is there anything anyone recommends?
    [/quote

and this is why men LOVE the gym lol! Tape? BAND AIDS? a lined bra
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    How is this a problem? I think it's awesome.
    see?

Go wear a burqa if you aren't comfortable with your own body then.

I don't get all flitty and silly when a good deadlift puts me at full attention for a couple minutes. I own that ****, because I respect myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    This can't be commented on without pics...........................................waiting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    This can't be commented on without pics...........................................waiting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

glovepuppet is going to say you're part of the problem you terrible ubercreep you.

heh.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    you get creeps everywhere. no place tests for creepiness before they let you in. there may be a smaller proportion of creeps to blokes in some places, but nowhere comes with a guarantee.

it's just a case of picking your coping mechanism. ignore, repel, attack or avoid.

I'm sorry you feel that way. People are attracted to each other and whether it's in the gym, in a library or on the street, this is the case. The vast majority of men and women exercise to improve their physical appearance so that more people will be attracted to them, however if you interpret this as creepy I can understand your difficulty.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You either have some pretty big nipples to show through a shirt and sports bra or you have a thin sports bra. I'm a DDD and wear an Enell sports bra and you can't see anything of the sort.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I usually don't care that they're showing when I work out...as long as they aren't googly eyed.

Exactly!!!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be self-conscious about my nipples now. :(
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't care if anybody sees my nipples or my bulge... heck I even walk outside my house in my boxer briefs. I dunno.
  • Horsezee
    Horsezee Posts: 22
    Options
    A thicker black shirt will help against this, also one with large writing or a picture on the front. I notice my nips most when I wear a tight fitted white shirt.
  • ThisIsCharity
    ThisIsCharity Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yep. All the time. Even though I'm small chested and wearing a sports bra and workout top! I figure its no big deal though, people should be more into their work out than my body right?
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have this issue and they were actually distracting me when doing reps. I took to wearing workout tops with a print on them. Problem solved.
  • Krystlemaja
    Krystlemaja Posts: 11
    Options
    I had this problem! Not to the point where they were completely noticeable, but personally I don't like it! I get the padded sports bras and it seems to work fine! I have a larger chest area, too, and I also wear shirts that are more loose around that area while working out simply because it is more comfortable for me! And that way my nipples don't show :)
  • Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I buy sports bras with padded inserts. If I am wearing one without, I sometimes will just stick the pads in. Bandaids or folded up tissue works in desperation,.... but the tissue gets all sweaty and stuck to you.. Gross.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I wear T-shirts with prints on them, so there is no chance my nipples will show themselves.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the posts so apologies if this is redundant. I had a girlfriend once who used to use nursing pads (or whatever those anti-drip thingies are that nursing moms use). It helped her hide the nip-outline.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that the headlights are pointed in the same direction and get over it.

police-car-with-headlights-on_100391256_m.jpg
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Struggling to see why this is a problem. It's not a surprise to anyone that you have nipples after all. Nor that they stick out at times.

This.

Who gives a s***t?

You're not at the gym topless right? I don't think anyone notices or cares. And if some creep does notice or care. Again . . . who gives a s***t?