Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too, makes me grateful to be able to workout from home a fair bit. A thick Sports Bra and two shirts is what I do on chilly days though :wink:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Personally, I appreciate all the visual stimulation available to motivate me to workout longer.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I have this problem unless I wear a bra with those removable pads. Those seem to be substantial enough to block the view.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I usually don't care that they're showing when I work out...as long as they aren't googly eyed.

Exactly!!!

Yes, make sure they're properly aligned. Lol!
  • marquitaholmes2
    marquitaholmes2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes! i just notice myself in the mirror the other day and my nipples were on full blast! lol! So, now i am shopping around for some new bra's because that is too much to be showing at the gym.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    What is the problem? And what gym do you go to?
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    a few times when it's happened i put on a regular light weight bra then a sports bra over it then my shirt. Helps them stay in place too
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yes. . I accept it. . no big deal.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Struggling to see why this is a problem. It's not a surprise to anyone that you have nipples after all. Nor that they stick out at times.

This.

Who gives a s***t?

You're not at the gym topless right? I don't think anyone notices or cares. And if some creep does notice or care. Again . . . who gives a s***t?

It can be quite distracting to be obviously oogled during a workout. I also happen to be one of those women who does not want to be approached or flirted with, and some men would see that sort of thing as an opportunity (mind you not very decent men, but let's be honest not everyone is decent).
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I've come to terms that my gym turns me on...lol...i may wear a good bra, and shirt over it and a sweatshirt for the cooler mornings....but they still stand at attention!!

doesn't bother me any that they are always hard.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 super strength sports bras AND a tank with a built in bra when I work out...there is NO HIDING my Double D's!!!! :blushing:

And my feeling is if you don't like it, don't look!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Dudett, even through my sports bra(padded) you can still see my Nipple Hard On! and Of course all eyes are on them, it's weird bc I don't even have anything near to large fun bags( saddens me:( )
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I usually don't care that they're showing when I work out...as long as they aren't googly eyed.

Exactly!!!

Googly eyed made me laugh.
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue..I really don't care any more. Hopefully every person at the gym has nipples. :smile: If people are staring at you then that is their problem. I used to be embarrassed about it but honestly life is just too short and I have bigger issues to worry about. Now if you want to be really embarrassed you can do what I did for over a year and wear see-through pants! I didn't realized at the time that my overpriced workout pants were completely see through when I bent over..everyone at my gym has seen my *kitten* so I am not too worried about my nipples :laugh:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Size of your boobs has nothing to do with it. It all depends on the sensitivity of your nipples.

I'm pretty much perma-nippin' 24/7, which is why I wear a padded bra. But in regards to working out, the people around me can just deal with it. So far, there haven't been any complaints.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I intentionally make mine hard. I never have to put my plates away after lifting.
  • Hatchling84
    Hatchling84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't think most ppl pay attention to it as its normal, however I personally as a male of the human species put bandaids over mine because if mine get hard its due to chaffing during a workout and hurts for several days after if I don't. Do what you need to for your workout to be successful is what I'm getting at I suppose
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I have to wear one from target that has a thicker liner in it. It's just like under armour, in black. I'm sorry but I forgot the brand name. I'm sure you could find it though.
    ETA: The brand is Champion and it's a racer back type that gives you really good support too, if you need it. :)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    nipples are sexy, flaunt them! lol.

^^This :bigsmile:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Size of your boobs has nothing to do with it. It all depends on the sensitivity of your nipples.

I'm pretty much perma-nippin' 24/7, which is why I wear a padded bra. But in regards to working out, the people around me can just deal with it. So far, there haven't been any complaints.

I'm perma nippin' too, which I forgot to mention! Hubs doesn't mind and no one else seems to either!