How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is what my doctor told me. Weight 1st thing in the morning when you weigh. This is because you weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a single day. So for a consistent reading you should weight at the same time of the morning. That being said I only weigh once a month at the doctors office. I don't want to be discouraged by the scale not moving in a few days. This way I get to see real results not just point something of a pound. Before I started dieting I went to my doctor and they weighed me and I had lost 4
    lbs. I had not been on a diet and I was happy. When I went in and saw my doctor,he looked at me and said "is Nothing" and told me the story above. Of course, I had to retaliate and told him not to knock my four pounds and we made a joke of it. I did not tell him I was starting myfitnesspal but I hope to wow him with my 13 lb loss this month. (I cheated and weighted myself at my sisters two weeks ago) I feel and see my body changing all the time now and its euphoric. I'd hate for a scale to take that away from me. So do what feel right for you and take bits and pieces of advice you have found in these posts and make it your own.

Wishing you your hearts desire in weight loss.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day... but only log once per week on the same day.

I noticed when I was weighing once per week I would get upset if I had a gain and not realize that this gain could be anything.

Weighing myself every day I do not get upset when I have a gain due to my cycle, what I ate (not how much but what), and what I did for a workout.

Find what works for you.
  • nee90
    nee90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weight myself almost every morning (before Breakfast) to keep on track.... But the differnces from day to day are so small (sometimes there is no differnce at all) .... so I record it only once a week ...
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I try to weigh in around the same time,before eating or drinking anything, and after having used the bathroom. I try to wear the same thing as well. I also weigh at night, mostly in anticipation of what the morning will be. I feel like it helps me keep focused.

It works for me. Definitely not right for everyone.
  • BethanBee86
    BethanBee86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in morning every 2 days , I am at start of health kick so I want to see if there are any factors which could affect my weight when I lose a stone I will go for weekly weigh in. :happy:
  • mrsek09
    mrsek09 Posts: 32
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after using the bathroom, before having food or coffee. I record daily, but I am considering changing that since I seem to be a slave to the day to day numbers and fail to see the bigger picture. We are doing a weight loss competition at work right now, and we weigh in weekly. I see my day to day fluctuations and don't realize until the weekly weigh in that I was down 4.2 lbs in 2 weeks!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after my pee, and before drinking my glass of water. I write the number down everyday on a piece of paper to keep track, but on MFP only log if there's a loss.
  • getitoff74
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. It is a habit. However, I wouldn't recommend it. Its also an emotional rollercoaster.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    never
    i am perfect
    do not even own a scale
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try to weighing myself only twice a week Mondays and Fridays, but I seem to do it almost every morning.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about 20 times a day, sad but true. I do weigh and record every morning at 7am, if I have a few days with a gain or no loss I know I need to tweak something.
  • mimipremo1
    Options
    I was doing it daily, and updating MFP when I had a loss. Now, I'm going to weigh in weekly just to keep an eye on any trends. In the morning, after I use the bathroom and before I eat or begin drinking water.
  • kbjork8274
    Options
    I weigh almost every day but I only record the weight from Monday into MFP