What does your S/O think of MFP?

Options
ChrisRS87
ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
While this site is awesome for diet, nutrition, fitness, and overrall good health, it is also highly sexually charged. When I was single I enjoyed all the flirting, but now that I'm in a great relationship I can only think that any of it would get me into trouble. I recently came back to use MFP (it's almost summer ya know), but I removed all my shirtless pics, and all my friends. I'm not worried about my gf getting mad at me, but I don't want her thinking I'm flirting online for validation and attention.

So, I know I'm not the only one in a relationship here, and I'm sure plenty that are still post provocative pictures and flirt and all that, and hey, thats your prerogative, I'm not going to pass judgment. But I'm curious what y'alls boyfriends/girlfriends feelings on the subject are?

Replies

• MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My Husband knows how much this site has helped me, he is glad that I found it. I put a picture of my legs and bum (I was wearing underwear) up the other day as I have been squatting and I'm proud of what I have achieved, none of the guys on my friends list are creepy but it still made him feel uneasy, he spoke to me about it and I took it down.

I don't want to make him feel that way and I can understand why he didn't like it.

I don't flirt on here or try to chat guys up, we are all on here for the same reason and that is to better ourselves and our assets, it's only normal we would want to show them off to our friends on here.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I'm exactly in the same boat - I haven't reached the point yet where I would be comfortable posting pics of myself in a bikini or underwear or anything like that. But my boyfriend is very supportive of me using this site - he knows that I troll the forum and talk to random people, and he's not the slightest bit threatened by it. When I eventually do put on a bikini - I'm totally posting pics. And I won't be taking them down :)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Mine probably wishes I would use it more so I can be healthier again lol.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't have a S/O, thanks for bringing it up. :angry:
  • Paraflier17
    Paraflier17 Posts: 70
    Options
    My wife is on here too. Neither of us has a problem with the other flirting, chatting or messaging. She does a lot better than me, though, imagine that. lol :laugh:
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    He thinks y'all are all crazy and y'all don't know what y'all are talking about.

He doesn't believe in HRM...or God for that matter. lol

IM GOING TO MAKE HIM A BELIEVER.... of HRM and MFP atleast. lmao
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I just hide it from her.

I also choose not to tell all the ladies on my friends list that I'm married with 3 kids.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I just hide it from her.

I also choose not to tell all the ladies on my friends list that I'm married with 3 kids.

*hi-five*

Nice work brother.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    He thinks I'm badass and sexy, so he doesn't really care what I do on here. I don't ever flirt on here anyway. That's not my thing.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I just hide it from her.

Please delete my nudez.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    He thinks I waist too much time on here, but he's liked the influence this site has had on my life so he doesn't complain. He did get a little werided out by a post I made that had like 6 shirtless lean men reply in a row (it was about protein powder). But he was just a little weird due to his own insecurities. He didn't get mad or jealous or anything. I also make sure not to flirt or do anything inappropriate .
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    He likes it. He enjoys hacking into my account and ogling all the man candy in my collection.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I just hide it from her.

Will you get your *kitten* off the laptop and go and read junior his bedtime story!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My wife refers to you all as my "mfp internet *kitten*."

So I guess she is just so-so about it.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My hubby hates how much time I spend with my face in the MFP app on my iPod but otherwise doesn't say much about it.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    He hates it.
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    He thinks I'm a bit to obessed and worry to much. and hates how i want to know calories and sodium for every single thing He is also on here, but he doesn't get on and pay attention as much as I do
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My husband loves it. We each pick a profile and role play every night. Tonight it's C25k girl gets the vegan pickle tickle.
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks I am obsessed with it and laughs when I scan all my food before eating. Other than that, he is extremely happy with our weight loss, I have lost 2 pounds since starting to loose again and he is down 10! He is down 10 just by being forced to eat whatever I am making, imagine if I could get him to work out too!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    ok1.gif