What does your S/O think of MFP?

Options

Replies

• cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My husband is on here, too. We both love it. I never flirt with anyone on here and he knows he has nothing to worry about.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    He thought I was mentioning how many calories were in things too often, so I stopped. Other than that, he doesn't much care one way or the other but he's supportive.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I found all my significant others on MFP. This is my hunting ground, right here.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My husband has actually conversed with several of my MFP friends before. He loves the fact that I've met people with similar goals and aspirations, and he understands that the social aspect of this site has helped me reclaim my sanity while being a SAHM.

In short, he really likes both the site and the people I've met on here (save for a few bad seeds), and the positive impact they've made in my life.

In fact, I'm going to stay with one in a week and my husband couldn't be more excited for me. He's equally excited to meet my MFP friends who are coming to see me in July (mostly because they're hot chicks.)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My wife is the reason I'm here. It's her fault. I blame her.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't really care. He just wants me to be happy and healthy and if this is the way I get there, then he's ok with it.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    My bf encourages me to use it because he knows I love it.

He trusts me so I have no issues.

Also, I've tried to encourage him to use it, I wish he would so he can stop arguing with me about calories in food! :P haha

He sees the changes in my body and applauds my success and encourages me to keep going :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I only add women to my friend list as I feel it would be wrong to add men since I'm happily married. I have no desire for anyone to flirt with me so I just altogether don't allow men on my friend list
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

In fact, I'm going to stay with one in a week and my husband couldn't be more excited for me. He's equally excited to meet my MFP friends who are coming to see me in July (mostly because they're hot chicks.)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY. Be jealous, people, be jealous. ^I'm gonna be tappin' that come July.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lu1u72B6RS1r1wlt9.gif
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    He does not care. We have this thing called trust. It's pretty awesome.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My husband has taken some of my most boobtacular photos. He also knows I flirt. His only request is that I do not squat with any guys irl or mfp.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I just hide it from her.

I also choose not to tell all the ladies on my friends list that I'm married with 3 kids.

tumblr_mhr4o4WHue1r2o0q0o1_r1_500.gif
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't really care. He just wants me to be happy and healthy and if this is the way I get there, then he's ok with it.

Well . . . that's odd.

Are you sure he's not sabotaging your weight loss by doing awful things like taking you out to dinner?
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I only add women to my friend list as I feel it would be wrong to add men since I'm happily married. I have no desire for anyone to flirt with me so I just altogether don't allow men on my friend list

Ditto! And I leave my phone out so he can have access anytime!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Ditto! And I leave my phone out so he can have access anytime!

Well...let's not get too crazy about this trust thing.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I am married and I don't engage in flirting on this or any other site. The friends that I have on MFP (and other places) are both female and male. I have been pm'ed by flirty men. I quickly tell them that I am happily married. Usually that does the trick. I also don't post any provocative pics on here or anywhere. I wouldn't do it even if I were single because I'm too much of an introvert. But, even if I were brave I still wouldn't out of respect for my husband. To each his own though. ;)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY. Be jealous, people, be jealous. ^I'm gonna be tappin' that come July.

I'm having lunch with her next week. :tongue:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My man hates it so much I'm on here! LOL

He be hovering over my shoulder...."Who's that?" He'll be trying to get my attention, feel me up, kiss me then try and spy on the screen and see what I'm doing!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I don't have a S/O, thanks for bringing it up. :angry:

This.