Woman with ab

Options
Women** with abs** lol wow.... *facepalm*
I just saw on facebook a status that someone posted that "women with abs are scary", along with comments from people agreeing that women with visible "manly" abs they think look "gross". I will quote.. "*****es be looking like hotdogs about to explode in the microwave" and "I want abs but not those kind, ew"

Sigh.

It's kind of discouraging the way some people look at strong, fit women.

Replies

• Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    They are just jealous!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Maybe!
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is their opinion and they are entitled to it...I am sure there are people that think they look great as well. Find encouragement from those comments instead of being discouraged by the people who dislike them if that is the body style/life style you are trying to achieve. Different strokes for different folks
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some people are not attracted to overweight people, some are not attracted to muscular women. I personally think ab definition is very attractive, on the other hand I do not think women with 6 packs are attractive. Doesn't mean I think any less of their hard work and dedication, just don't think they're pretty. -shrug-
  • littlelaurie14
    Options
    Absolutely. It used to influence me, I just wanted to be"skinny fat" because of how alot of people found that attractive. Now of course I could care less. It just makes me wonder if it's inhibiting other women from getting strong and fit, because of how it's looked at alot by others
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's the majority opinion. Sure, some people feel that way, but A LOT of people don't.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You can be thin and fit without having a 6 pack...
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Women with abs look good and I'm attracted to them, but they aren't as attractive to me as a woman with a little more "meat" on their mid section. I have nothing against them, its just not what I prefer. Doesn't make me a bad person or "against" a woman with abs.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Getting six-pack abs for women takes serious dedication, more so than for men. Just go ahead and get it, if you don't like the lines, it's VERY easy to lose, just eat a little dirtier for a week and you'll get a flat but uncut tummy. I have never heard anybody complaining about a woman with a flat tummy.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    People are the way they are. Stupid statement I know, but when it comes to physical attraction it's just one of those things that is the way it is.

I have a friend who is really into overweight women. I mean... REALLY... He's a good looking bloke, has his life together and what not, etc... He just has a thing for overweight women. Of course he's not interested in settling down with them..

Thing is, we all have our different tastes and that's what makes life interesting.
  • littlelaurie14
    Options
    I'm not attacking anyone's opinions, I know people have preferences. I like differents body shapes personally, I'm not like against curves, or skinny, or anything. And I'm definitely not going to say "ew" to any body type. That's all. I don't want anyone to be eww-ed at for something they're working hard at, but it is what it is.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Women with a nice toned and flat stomach are the sexiest thing in the world, and abs are pretty hot too.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Totally. Maybe it comes down to some people just being *kitten*, hehe. We're all repulsed by things but there's no need to put others down because of it.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    O well.... they can turn their head
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

My end goal is to have visible abs because it would make ME happy. Screw the rest of the world. Those women worked hard for their abs and obviously it made them happy as well.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    what other people say about what is or isn't beautiful will never influence me. I love my abs. (the current profile picture is my Throwback picture - pre abs).
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Gotta Love Them Haters!!!!!

I happen to love my abs and anyone who doesn't can look the other way :laugh:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have abs and I don't give a *kitten* what others think about them. They don't like them they don't have to look.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I stopped caring about what people think YEARS ago....
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Women** with abs** lol wow.... *facepalm*
    I just saw on facebook a status that someone posted that "women with abs are scary", along with comments from people agreeing that women with visible "manly" abs they think look "gross". I will quote.. "*****es be looking like hotdogs about to explode in the microwave" and "I want abs but not those kind, ew"

Sigh.

It's kind of discouraging the way some people look at strong, fit women.

it really is, it's disgraceful in fact. And the body types of the women who say it always make me laugh. It's basically the female version of:

thCAOPW3LR_zps4b574155.jpeg