Woman with ab

Options

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I want abs. But then again, right now I would be happy with just one. :smile:
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    yes it is and it's always from the women who sit on the couch eating potato chips.

what one person does with their body is no one elses concern. I'd rather look "manly" than out of shape. JMO
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have abs and I don't give a *kitten* what others think about them. They don't like them they don't have to look.

+1
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    As with exercise, or anything else really, its all about what makes YOU feel good about yourself. Do what makes YOU happy. Its too much work trying to keep everyone else happy when really it doesn't matter ANY what others think.

Everyone enjoy your workouts today, focus and stay with it!

Have a good day!
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Yeah I love that look. Plus the work and dedication it takes to achieve it shows a lot. I think people should focus on body acceptance for all shapes and sizes. We all have different goals and will have different end results. Some of us just want to focus on training for reason that have nothing to do with looks but the training still changes our bodies. My guys friends say my legs are getting to skinny and that I'll end up having a runners body, I guess they don't realize I am a runner..lol
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love that look. Plus the work and dedication it takes to achieve it shows a lot. I think people should focus on body acceptance for all shapes and sizes. We all have different goals and will have different end results. Some of us just want to focus on training for reason that have nothing to do with looks but the training still changes our bodies. My guys friends say my legs are getting to skinny and that I'll end up having a runners body, I guess they don't realize I am a runner..lol

Exactly!

oh and some of you ladies have freaking awesome abs haha
  • littlelaurie14
    Options
    As with exercise, or anything else really, its all about what makes YOU feel good about yourself. Do what makes YOU happy. Its too much work trying to keep everyone else happy when really it doesn't matter ANY what others think.

Everyone enjoy your workouts today, focus and stay with it!

Have a good day!

:drinker:
  • MinnieLou92
    MinnieLou92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Personally it's my aspiration to get ripped! I think women with abs probably intimidate people, because in order to lose that fat we're naturally supposed to have (boohoo childbearing hips!), we have to work three times as damned hard. So people see a women with abs and be like "she's scary..." just because she's a gravity defying beast!

Respect
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I find that most people who disparage others are usually insecure about their own circumstances and/or have some serious issues associated with body image. They aren't worth paying attention to.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for women that can discipline themselves to develop a nice six pack. Personally from a aesthetic standpoint I do find it unattractive. I just don't like highly-defined women, just my personal preference.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Duh!!! They are just sooooooo jealous!!!

A friend of mine posted a similar photo of a hot woman who lift and an overweight woman commented " is it supposed to be pretty?" Duh, yes! Way more than a fat belly!
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would bet that people that do not like abs-do not have them. Most of the guys I know that are in shape (visible abs) like very much visible abs on women. I am one of those guys:) The only thing I am envious of is that women can get visible abs at about 14% body fat, whereas guys must get to about 10% to have the same visible abs.
    Women** with abs** lol wow.... *facepalm*
    I just saw on facebook a status that someone posted that "women with abs are scary", along with comments from people agreeing that women with visible "manly" abs they think look "gross". I will quote.. "*****es be looking like hotdogs about to explode in the microwave" and "I want abs but not those kind, ew"

Sigh.

It's kind of discouraging the way some people look at strong, fit women.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I would bet that people that do not like abs-do not have them. Most of the guys I know that are in shape (visible abs) like very much visible abs on women. I am one of those guys:) The only thing I am envious of is that women can get visible abs at about 14% body fat, whereas guys must get to about 10% to have the same visible abs.
    I just saw on facebook a status that someone posted that "women with abs are scary", along with comments from people agreeing that women with visible "manly" abs they think look "gross". I will quote.. "*****es be looking like hotdogs about to explode in the microwave" and "I want abs but not those kind, ew"

Sigh.

But we tend to have more body fat than men, so reaching 14% is as much work (or even more?) than for men to reach 10%. Isn't it?
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Sigh.

But we tend to have more body fat than men, so reaching 14% is as much work (or even more?) than for men to reach 10%. Isn't it?
    Hey-I was just quoting factual numbers-not starting anything.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Personally it's my aspiration to get ripped! I think women with abs probably intimidate people, because in order to lose that fat we're naturally supposed to have (boohoo childbearing hips!), we have to work three times as damned hard. So people see a women with abs and be like "she's scary..." just because she's a gravity defying beast!

Respect

Maybe a little bit :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Sigh.

That might be true for some but I'm not one of those guys. I have a decent "V" going on and my ab's are visible. I'm right about 10% BF.
  • littlelaurie14
    Options

Respect

Yes! Love it, you're so right. It's my aspiration as well. And having had a child.. It's a pain in the *kitten*. Got that mommy belly still in the way of the lower abs. And I'm gunna feel damn good when I get as ripped as I'm aiming for!
  • littlelaurie14
    Options

Sigh.

Hey-I was just quoting factual numbers-not starting anything.

Hmm.. I'm curious about that. But either way I think we can all agree it takes alot to get that definition, for either gender :)
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    f girls with abs :laugh: naw I can't hate I love that sheesh :flowerforyou: :love: :love: but there's women out there on a thread saying they hate the V can you believe that
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    raptor.JPG