Here are my confessions...

Options

Replies

• justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I must REALLY be bad, cuz I skip a lot of these things:sad: .....I never log the cooking oil or any of the condiments (ketchup, mustard, A-1 sauce, etc) that I use on my food (except my salad dressing) . But I do try to leave 100-150 calories "on the table" to help cover those things....:bigsmile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I occasionally walk by the coffee at work and grab a vanilla creamer and just chug it. Sometimes I chug 2...and don't count it.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love this thread :)

I don't usually log on here... its so hard to sort through all the stuff to find the actual food I ate! But I've counted calories in my head for years. I don't count vegetables (except of course potatoes and sweet potatoes) and I don't count tea/coffee made with a little milk and splenda.

My fiance is also sneaky with his tea entries on here because he says 'splash of milk' and it's really more like 1/4 of the cup hehehe luckily he usually only has one each day :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    LOL, I just ran over to the Food database, and they have Costco sample as an item! It's listed 5 times, I would use the 50 cal option. The first one listed a single serving as 350 cal, that's quite the sample size!

LOL! That's hilarious!

Chugging vanilla creamer is great too. LOL - sounds like me!

My best friends and I have a saying on our girls' weekends ... if we all eat the same thing, the calories cancel each other out. :devil: Not really accurate, but it helps with the denial aspect.

(Hmm, that's what got me in this mess to begin with!)
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    :laugh: Hahaha I do the same thing with the scale on my weigh in day. But I usually move it around the room...I swear I get different readings from different parts of the bathroom!!! :tongue: I usually take the lowest! :laugh:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I don't count the creamer or the teaspoon of sugar that I put in my coffee. Whew, felt good to uncover my dirty little secret!:noway:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I don't count any chocolate that I eat, reason being, I will never give it up. I don't, and never have, eaten fast food, fried foods or anything like that. I don't smoke, I don't drink....chocolate is my vice.

I have to agree with you - although I do log most of my chocolate, I am not as precise. But chocolate is my vice, I too will never give it up.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that everything is calorie free when it's your time of the month. While I don't believe it (obviously) if I have chocolate during the dreaded TOM, i'll think to myself "well, what if it IS true?". :laugh:

I use to think (I know, this is so :huh: ish) that if food is cold in the fridge (i.e. cold pizza) it has less calories because the grease isn't dripping off of it.

W. T. F.

?

:laugh:
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I am REALLY bad... I go to Whole Foods and sample all their samples (a few grapes, a cheese cracker, some cheese cubes).

I'm sure its at least 100-200 calories... still losing so I guess its okay. :)

We go to WF every weekend and I do the SAME thing!!! They always has wonderful things to sample on the weekends and how do you even count those little bites anyway...??? I figure it's "zig-zagging" my cals so it's okay...At least that's how I justify it to myself...:ohwell:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I don't count I can't believe it's not butter because it's only 5 calories. I also log in random exercises and just put my cal count from my HRM in there - so I burned 800 cals, but it was not spinning like my log says! I try to overestimate my food and under score my exercise to allow about 200 cals of forgotten snacking when possible.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    OMG- I just ate a nestle Drumstick Ice cream :embarassed:
    I never count my sweet tea.
    It has 1 cup of sugar to a gallon and I drink out of 16oz glass..DUH I don't know how to count that. ???
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    /
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    um, never mind:blushing: :tongue:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    OMG- I just ate a nestle Drumstick Ice cream :embarassed:
    I never count my sweet tea.
    It has 1 cup of sugar to a gallon and I drink out of 16oz glass..DUH I don't know how to count that. ???

8 - 16oz glasses of tea in a gallon - so you're getting 1/8th cup of sugar per glass.
    A cup of sugar is 960 calories.
    Your glass of tea has 120 calories from sugar.

((I confess that my math skillz leave me no excuses, but I cheat a little once in a while anyways :laugh: ))
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't log sugarfree gum; diet coke; black coffee; herbal tea; the little puff of olive oil spray in the non stick pan; herbs and most spices unless they're sodium-high.

And always forget to log my water, although I keep a mental count :)
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't count gum, but I do count coffee and even log my diet Pepsi.

I read once that 6 bites a day = 15 pounds over a year. How 'bout that last little chunk of cheese you pop in your mouth so you don't grate your knuckles? Or the "bite" of birthday cake at a party? How 'bout that lemonade from the neighbor kid's lemonade stand? Those little bites add up over time, which is really scary because we all love to take those little tastes of things.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I'll log it as Miller Lite, but drink Bud Light if it's cheaper-like I earned 20 calories by saving a $1.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    sometimes I log everything I plan to eat and then complete the entry. It usually helps me stick to the plan, but if I go astray I don't amend it!
    I don't count cooking spray, I don't weigh anything, I won't eat sugar substitute, I log an ounce of booze per drink when it is likely more than that...
    Jeez, I am starting to wonder why I bother with MFP;) j/k, it's been really helpful to me in sticking to a workout (I worked out 30 days in a row!) and I get a lot of great ideas from all of you.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    CasperO- thanks but that is very bad news.
    I could not or would not wrap my brain around how many calories I have been letting slip in without notice. I suppose that is my reason for the never ending plateau. WHAT AN IDIOT!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    my confession is that I freaking hate hate HATE celery.

Really hate it.

And most other vegetables, for that matter.... :(