Here are my confessions...

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    CaperO-<<<HUG>>>:flowerforyou: no more sweet tea for me!
    Sometimes we just need someone to point out the our oversights.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    CaperO-<<<HUG>>> no more sweet tea for me!
    Sometimes we just need someone to point out the our oversights.

You could try using half the sugar, you might like it even better. I used to have hot tea with a tablespoon of sugar every morning and I switched to green tea with no sweetener and I like it even better.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I use Smart Balance cooking spray & don't record it in my food diary. Once in a while when food is sticking when I cook... I add a tiny bit of EVOO... & I don't record that. I do record butter & any other condiments though since there can be hidden dangers!!
  • puppypower15
    Options
    Every week i buy a mixture sunflower seed, cashew, dark rasins, and some other type of nut . Since there all unsalted I never log it. I snack on it throught the day to keep my from eating anything unhealthy.
  • Lightonmyfeet
    Options
    I never count the samples I get at grocery stores.
    I probably should. One afternoon, I added it up out of curiosity and found out I had just ate 300 calories of Costco food.
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    HAHAHA!!! About once a week I give in to a little reward of something yummy!

I heard once that you only need 3 bites of desserts (cakes, cookies, ect) cause you only really remember the first and last. I think its soo true.

Anyway, I think it TOTALLY good to do all of these things, without these little rewards we'd go NUTS!! =]

Oh and I drink occasionally, so I dont ever count them lol!!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't count the extra ice cream that sticks to the scoop after I've already put the regulation 1/.2 cup serving in my bowl! :love:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't count "bites" or samples, either. Like when they give you that one piece of chicken in the food court or you get a sample of frozen yogurt in those little cups. And I almost always take a bite of my husband's food (if he is eating something I can't, it is nice to at least get a taste!) or a sip of his drink if he has soda or lemonade or something.

I'm sure that this isn't helping me, but it really is insane to try and figure out EXACTLY how much I had to add to the diary. And most days, I end up under my calories, but I'm not really worried about being in starvation mode because I know I'm eating a little bit more than I've recorded.

I also don't record my exercise... I don't really know why. I'm not sure I trust the calories burned that I'm given by my Wii Fit and the treadmill.
  • ebearit17
    ebearit17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do count the milk I put in my coffe in the morning, but if I drink anything diet, or calorie free I don't bother to log it in.

I don't count mints, since I don't eat but 1 or 2 a day.

I don't count marinades on our meat. Nor do I count the little bit of butter I put on the veggies.

I do count the butter I put on my toast, though.

I always count my exercise, but not ALL of it. If I work out for 30 minutes, I'll put in 25 just to aloow some breathing room.

I don't count calories for a day if I know we are going out to eat or having a big meal for some reason.

I will sometimes steal a couple of sips of my kids' cappucino, but don't log it.

And I am still losing, so I guess I'm okay:bigsmile:
  • lock0134
    lock0134 Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't count gum, tea, or crystal light.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I don't count gum or hard mints when I have them (which is not too often)
    I don't count seasonings like pepper, garlic, season salt, and mustard
    however I do count cinnamon, olive oil and butter used for toast
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't count non-starchy raw vegetables. They're free food as far as I'm concerned.
    I weight every morning and say colorful words about half the time.
    I unapologetically stop for frozen yogurt towards the end of a really long (7+ miles) walk, but I do count those calories.
    I eat a blowout meal once a week and don't count anything that day.
    Down 50, so I'm not too worried about the things I do or don't do...
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I just looked at my day as I was finishing and now I am thinking I may need to count my seasonings because I am always saying wow my sodium is really low and I know if I add these that may not be the case hummmmm what do you think I don't drink soda or tea my only beverage is pretty much water and get atleast 10 cups a day I think this washes away the sodium from the seasonings don't you agree!!!
  • Callmefia
    Callmefia Posts: 42
    Options
    I occasionally walk by the coffee at work and grab a vanilla creamer and just chug it. Sometimes I chug 2...and don't count it.

I LOVE this one. Makes me laugh so hard. I can picture someone stealing them slyly so that nobody sees it.

I never thought to count gum, don't bother with crystal light.

Oh and I just joined WW (been on MFP for a few months and wasn't sticking to it so I tried something different, plus someone I work with is doing WW). So I stopped logging my meals on MFP now... Just loggin on WW. But tracking my weight on here since I can do it daily as opposed to weekly.
    Oh so that also means I weigh myself daily. I think its a good thing, I like to see it move up and down with my meals etc... So I work harder for that weigh in at the end of the week.
  • Callmefia
    Callmefia Posts: 42
    Options
    Oh and I confess that I'm irritated that my ticker doesn't show my loss.... Because when I started on MFP, I was 202 or something like that, and I gained up to 210.... so even though I've lost 4 or 5 pounds in the last two weeks I'm still more than my starting weight. UGHHHHH.
  • NCisME
    NCisME Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    confession: I had taco bell last week (gave in).

Result: It did WORK on my digestive system.

So not worth it.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I confess...I don't log my half n half, splenda, country crock butter or any marinades used on my chicken!! Too much trouble to go through all that when I don't measure it out! Plus none of it's really bad so I figure why bother. :drinker:

On the downside...I don't log my ranch dressing intake....there's a lot of calories there....:blushing:
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I don't log any of my alcoholic drinks. I just don't. I only drink on weekends and even then sometimes I don't. But regardless, I don't count them.

I also don't count my gum.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I confess that I did not log my fruit today. It was 3 pieces of mango, 2 strawberries and a few grapes. I probably burned the calories in that by sneezing.

:bigsmile:
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    lol....