Replies

• Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. So inspirational...
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look and sound wonderful, full of life. Thank you so much for sharing
  • happy_grandma_phenix
    Options
    Hi there! You are an insiration to me!! Great job girl! May God Bless you!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations :flowerforyou: Story like yours keeps me going, thanks for sharing
  • suedar1970
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspirational post and pics!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia, you look awesome and truly what a success story! I have only 58 lbs to lose and it seems day-to-day like a rollercoaster. I just can't seem to committ even to myself what I want to do. Honestly I am a busy person going to school once a week, church three days a week and the rest spending time with my two younger children and husband. Where is the time, where is the energy? Do you have any suggestions on how to stay focused?

I just told myself that I needed to be selfish for a year. I schedule my workout times at the beginning of the week and didn't let anything interrupt those times. I am single and not married so it made it a little bit easier, but I do volunteer at my church, work 1 full time job, teach piano lessons and work another freelance job. We're all busy it's just about making the time NO MATTER WHAY! Good luck to you!!
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Tell us more how you changed your eating habits. Love zumba!!!!
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This is just fab!Id love to have a like button on MFP !
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You are adorable! Congrats!!!
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    What a fantastic job!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too! Congrats!!!!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job and look amazing! I love Zumba too and go to a class at least once a week.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, i love doing Zumba.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW! Incredible!!!! You are amazing! :D Keep up the great work.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation! Congrats on your success, you look wonderful and very happy!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Tell us more how you changed your eating habits. Love zumba!!!!

Cut out all fast food and caffeine. I don't eat a lot of variety right now (unless I ate the My Fit Food meals (myfitfoods.com)). A lot of the recipe ideas that I do now I got from creating my own version of their food. For breakfast I do Steel Cut Oatmeal which I make in the crockpot and add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and sprinkle cinnamon. Or I'll do a ground turkey, egg, parboiled rice, and pico dish.

For lunch I typically do a turkey wrap with a garden tortilla, turkey, 100 calorie wholly guacamole, lettuce and corn pico. I'll have some sort of pretzel or chip but I measure it out so it all fits in my calorie limit.

I eat a morning snack and afternoon snack- vary it between trail mix, Chobani Greek yogurt, hummus w/carrots, almond butter w/celery or a protein bar.

For dinner I still do the My Fit Food meals- they mainly are a protein and a vegetable- NO CARBS for dinner.

The important thing for me was to plan out the whole day the night before or first thing in the morning so I knew I wouldn't go over my calorie intake.

Hope that helps.
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring to me! I haven't been able to get into Zumba though. I have the videos and I just can't keep up with them. My feet are all thumbs! :wink:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I want to get Zumba for the WiiU, looks fun!

Great job, you look amazing!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Seriously, your after (or now) picture looks like someone who has never been overweight -- unbelievable! So inspirational! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!