Movin' On Up...and the Most Honest Photo I have ever posted

Options
1235»

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bottomline if we are at healthier weights and we are bat grannies with no money for surgery we will still be more healthy and confident at the end of this dont ya think?? Take care from a fellow BAT GRANNIE LOL

Absolutely! Take care, Sister Bat Grannie. :wink:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hello, again! Your attitude is amazing; you two must be quite a pair!!! Best of luck! I use 3's at the gym during an exercise class and 5's at home..............no doubt you'll get there too!!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread on a friend's feed drew me in and I stayed for the major show of awesome.
    Handfordrose, you and your husband have clearly a large amount of gumption. Bravo.

Keep at it.
  • MariettaDelene
    MariettaDelene Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing sense of humor! Bat Grannie had me seriously laughing. You've come so far! You can do it!
  • Wizard87
    Wizard87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bravo for you. You are an inspiration, and you should be proud of every step you've taken.
    As for the bat wings, I don't think you will be able to improve that very much with weights, unless you get super bulked up. Skin tends to stay stretched if it's been that way for a long time. It can bounce back to some extent, but it loses a lot of elasticity as you get older. I don't mean this an an insult, far from it, just as a medical fact.
    I can see why you want the bat wings gone, but you know what, does it matter a lot? What you have done is given your children more time with a more capable mom, grandchildren (if any) more time with a more capable grandmom, and yourself the ability to enjoy life more. How many people would trade years with a loved one for better-looking arms?
    Way to go.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I want a grannie tricycle with a basket in the back.

I BOUGHT ONE!! HOT PINK W/ A SNAZZY HELMET TO MATCH..NOW..to get the guts to go out and ride the sucker! You will love it. Mine is a one speed, but you can but a conversion kit to make it have 3 speeds. My knee's cannot take that. But, congrats! You are doing wonderful..Add me if you want a granny buddy! I am 52, 53 in August..have been a grannie since I was in my 40's..
    Love it!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Rosytakesoff Posts: 321
    Options
    Take a bow! What an awesome, inspirational lady you are. I love your 'can do, will do' attitude.
    Keep on keeping on:-)
  • cleanbodyfreshstart
    cleanbodyfreshstart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm really proud of you, when it comes to weights, NEVER be ashamed of where you start, it's all about where you're going :) you're definitely on the right track and have a lot to be proud of, keep it up!
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    One of my problem area's is the bat wing also...grrr so frustrating!! I wish you luck on your journey and keep us posted :)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I just want to say that you are absolutely AWESOME!!!! <3
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi Bat Granny!

I'm just here to say I love your story and that you set a good example for the rest of us with your positive attitude and your sense of humor. Wishing you great success! :flowerforyou:
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration to all of us! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your results.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    Awesome, you're doing a great job! Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone and just doing it - soon you will be lifting those 5# weights! I love your sense of humor too, you rock!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Inspirational and kudos on the honesty. You are going good places. Well done!!

Also your sense of humor is refreshing to say the least.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You have made some really great progress. I'm proud of you. Glad you were forced into the 3 pounders. I like it when people challenge themselves. Next step, 5 pounders! Every little bit helps in the long run. :drinker:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! I think we all could take a page from your book.
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! I am cheering you on all the way!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well, I really felt the weight of those 3 pound weights today. I even got a little shaky, while doing some of the lifts...but I kept going. I wasn't in any pain, and I knew that I had control of the weights. When I finished, I knew that this was a good workout. Part of me was glad that it took more effort to stay with those 3 pounders through my whole exercise routine and not just give up and go back to the baby weights. I knew that my muscles needed to be pushed harder, if I ever hope to burn some of that fat in my upper arms.

Thank you, God...for giving me the willingness and strength to do this daily workout. Thank you for the rewards of my effort and my continue weight loss. This morning, I saw 221.6 on the scale, nearly 1/2 pound since yesterday. I know who is my strength in all things. :heart: