Smoking Pot Can Actually Make You Thin

Options

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    On the plus side, the cotton mouth would absolutely help with water consumption...If you thought to drink that instead of Coke, which used to be my go to beverage for everything, LOL...

Back in the day I could knock back some homemade mac n cheese...I should have been HUGE... :smokin:
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    One of my friends used to smoke it daily and was really slim - she only really had an appetite when smoking though. I don't disagree with green and do think it gets huge amounts of bad press that it doesnt deserve. I think it should be legalised personally. Alcohol and tobacco are more damaging I think...but thats just my humble opinion...now pass the duchy!!! lol
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    drugs are bad, mmmmmkay.

Hahahaha!!! Mr Hat agrees!!! lol
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.
    I was never a big fan of it, but I know a lot of people who do it and have good jobs, and are highly functional (no different than those who over-indulge on alcohol on the weekends).

Additionally, I honestly haven't ever heard of anyone actually doing jail time for smoking pot (maybe for selling it, or people who failed a probation drug test or something like that, but the average person who is caught with a small amount of weed isn't likely to spend time in prison).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Seriously, just say no.
    I can definitely see the first one happening but at least when I was locked up our meals were based off a 3200 calories/day diet.
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    drugs are bad, mmmmmkay.

^^^^^
    Mr Mackey!
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.
    I can definitely see the first one happening but at least when I was locked up our meals were based off a 3200 calories/day diet.

Really?!
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    I know plenty of skinny stoners, but absolutely no healthy ones!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

Really?!
    Yeah, and that's just the food that was given to you for free. I would also order tons of donuts, candy, mac n cheese, ramen, hot chocolate, etc.I got up to my highest weight in jail.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Weed raises your estrogen. Have fun with your gyno and no gains, bros :laugh:
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

Really?!
    Yeah, and that's just the food that was given to you for free. I would also order tons of donuts, candy, mac n cheese, ramen, hot chocolate, etc.I got up to my highest weight in jail.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Munchies = not making me thin
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    So does Heroin. I guess drugs must be healthy after all! :wink:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    So does Heroin. I guess drugs must be healthy after all! :wink:
    I never saw a fat crack-wh#re either :laugh:
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    I feel like I need to start this reply with a disclaimer: As a law abiding citizen in a state where marijuana is illegal, I affirm that I do not... lol.

OK, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have long noticed that daily weed smokers tend to be thin. As with anything, there are exceptions, but even the larger ones tend to be leaner (meaning less body fat and jiggly parts) than the average person of a similar size. I have not noticed any pattern with occasional/social smokers except they get the munchies whereas daily smokers typically do not.

I'd never really considered any supporting evidence, but I suppose you could look at it like smoking cigarettes. It is widely known that people who quit smoking on average gain 5 to 10 lbs within the first couple of months because nicotine is an appetite suppressant, smoking burns about 200 calories a day, and smoking slightly boosts metabolism. I can't think of any valid reason why smoking marijuana could not have a similar effect.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Methamphetamines are fantastic for weight loss!

*Side effects include bad skin, icky teeth, poor hygeine, loss of social skills, unemployment, insanity, incarceration, and a possible appearance on Cops.*
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to start this reply with a disclaimer: As a law abiding citizen in a state where marijuana is illegal, I affirm that I do not... lol.

OK, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have long noticed that daily weed smokers tend to be thin. As with anything, there are exceptions, but even the larger ones tend to be leaner (meaning less body fat and jiggly parts) than the average person of a similar size. I have not noticed any pattern with occasional/social smokers except they get the munchies whereas daily smokers typically do not.

I'd never really considered any supporting evidence, but I suppose you could look at it like smoking cigarettes. It is widely known that people who quit smoking on average gain 5 to 10 lbs within the first couple of months because nicotine is an appetite suppressant, smoking burns about 200 calories a day, and smoking slightly boosts metabolism. I can't think of any valid reason why smoking marijuana could not have a similar effect.

Daily smokers get the munchies, it also makes them super tired, in most cases. I do not smoke but many people very close to me do so I see it first hand.

Coke on the other hand, now these's a weight loss drug :P
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

Marijuana affects people differently. I personally don't smoke it because I fall more in line with the first example but to say that marijuana ends in with unemployment or jail is a bit simplistic.

It does affect people differently. Lets be clear, i have not done it for years now. But i achieved a lot while i was smoking. I worked all the time, sometimes 2 jobs and at the same time achieved a Bsc Honours degree from one of the best universities in the country. I used it quite heavily but i got where i wanted to be. Its about the person. I wouldn't say it was great for my mood but generalising about everyone who uses it is simply unfair and short sighted.

I do agree that for many people, using pot is not a good choice.

I was pretty slim when i smoked, but then i was also younger than i am now.

With very few exceptions, almost never ever ever, will a person land in jail from simple possession/ use. Source- I work in criminal defense.

The vast majority of pot smokers are college kids wi too much time on their hands, FWIW. Makes me hungry though, I'd def gain.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Methamphetamines are fantastic for weight loss!

*Side effects include bad skin, icky teeth, poor hygeine, loss of social skills, unemployment, insanity, incarceration, and a possible appearance on Cops.*

Being a computer nerd can be terrible for weight loss.

*Side effects include bad skin, icky teeth, poor hygiene, lack of social skills (can't lose what you never had)....
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's a correlation lol
This discussion has been closed.