Smoking Pot Can Actually Make You Thin

Options

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.

tumblr_mmpoxbEleF1rd4jt7o1_500.gif
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I was too high to read the article,man, but:

If the "munchies" were broccoli and such instead of HoHo's and Taco Bell,then it may assist a little bit. Every workedout...on weed? I couldn't imagine that stoned burpees would be any more pleasant than jumping faceplants.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.

Ha! Judgmental much? Wow... So everyone who smokes pot is either unemployed or in a dead-end job? Seriously? You apparently don't know the people that I know.
    Oh and smoking pot is a misdemeanor, so, generally speaking, it's a FINE, NOT jail time. Might want to have your facts straight before spewing forth blanket statements that are, in FACT, false.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I've smoked pot in moderation for years. It has never made me gain weight. Why? Because I am an active person who doesn't let an herb dictate how I run my life or how many bags of Doritos I eat. My favorite stoner activity is working out at Red Rocks amphitheater and burning about a gazillion calories.

Also, it's legal here so I don't need the criminal activity rant.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it depends on the kind of strain I'm smoking. I don't get the "munchies" on a pure or better than 50% sativa, but indica strains of any fashion (the body stone high) does make me want to eat. And to that end, there's differences regarding potency- unfortunately, because so much cannabis is purchased on the black market, it's often hard to know what it is you're getting. Obviously, a seasoned smoker can tell relative quality just by looking, but to know it's genetic heritage, it's potency and strength, you need to know the grower, and the grower needs to be reputable.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    In every dope discussion several people show up and assert that they are successful, motivated, functional and in no way adversely affected by smoking.

I can only take their word for it, since I don't know any of them personally.

Of the regular dope smokers I actually have known, not one of them fit that description, though some claimed to.
  • africanbashie
    africanbashie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me. Pot is a drug. Hopefully our goal is to develop will power over food. I doubt anything other than pure strength of character and determination can make you loose weight. No silver bullets! No fantasy drugs. No wishful thinking makes you thin. It is tenacity.
    In my life, very few things has been as difficult as loosing weight. Believe me, some of the fattest people I know are potheads.
  • rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm afraid of smoking for fear of inhaling will cause me to cough up a lung. Does it come in pill form? :laugh:

If you use a vaporizer there is no burning smoke to inhale and there is no lingering odor. It can be expensive tool but well worth it.

I use it frequently for my crohns' disease, a couple times a day so I can help reduce chronic pain and keep my appetite up. Its a strange balance because I am trying to lose weight, but without MJ I could eat one small meal a day and not be hungry which is dangerous.

When I vaporize I still run my business and keep productive. Its all in the mindset of the user, if you want to sit around and do nothing but stuff your face that is your doing not MJ.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of skinny stoners, but absolutely no healthy ones!

I do! That's cray cray to me thoug. How they do it I will never know.

That stuff makes me fall asleep. Years ago I used it to treat insomnia.
    But it also sometimes made me eat ALL THE ICE CREAM. *I* was not healthy.

I sleep just fine now and don't eat ice cream (lactose) so I'm good on the pot-front.

I live in Cali though so here you can get all kinds of different types of pot to treat all kinds of different things.

I have one friend who is anorexic and uses it so she'll eat.
    If I still had insomnia I'd probably go get a perscription.

It could be a cool drug if it were regulated and didn't make me a) pass out or b) eat everything.

Oh well. I'll have a beer!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sigh.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I was too high to read the article,man, but:

If the "munchies" were broccoli and such instead of HoHo's and Taco Bell,then it may assist a little bit. Every workedout...on weed? I couldn't imagine that stoned burpees would be any more pleasant than jumping faceplants.

Hiking or walking in the woods is seriously the best "workout" while being high. I don't think I would like going to the gym all spaced out though...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I can't...I just can't...I had a whole verbal spew written out and deleted it. Carry on with your "drugs are bad" but don't forget to pick up your prescription drugs on your way home, and a bottle of rye to wash it down with.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    When I smoke I usually feel like exercising. Makes me want to stretch out and jump around. Even when I was out of shape, had the same effect. I don't do it a lot though. Once or twice a month.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Well it worked for Snoop Dog.

GIFSNOOP_zps7f755f69.gif

That is all the proof I need.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to why pot is called a drug. I'm being serious, I have never done the chemical breakdown or anything so I am curious to know. Isn't it just a plant? Is there something else added that qualifies it as a drug? Heroin and meth are made up of a concoction of various chemicals, I understand that. Isn't pot just dried herbs?
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Every workedout...on weed? I couldn't imagine that stoned burpees would be any more pleasant than jumping faceplants.

tumblr_lw9ohvWxqN1r6xcvmo1_500.gif
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    see my ticker and photo. i agree with this.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can almost guarantee a good percentage of the professionals you encounter daily, smoke weed. IF NOT MORE. Your children's teachers, your doctor, your pharmacist, your tax guy, your lawyer, your coworkers...etc.

Most of the world renowned surgeons and ER medicine MDs I know, smoke weed on the daily. They seem to function perfectly fine. Let's not even go into how much they make. :flowerforyou:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    When I smoke I usually feel like exercising. Makes me want to stretch out and jump around. Even when I was out of shape, had the same effect. I don't do it a lot though. Once or twice a month.

i love exercising after smoking. i don't smoke often either, maybe once a day.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I smoke for weightless.. That's it...

But for serious, anyone showing up equating pot to heroin and meth are just being outlandish. Come on now, people, comparing marijuana to opiates and/or amphetamines is like comparing apples to pickup trucks.

If you don't want to smoke pot then don't. But please don't assume everyone who does it exactly the same or fits into your stereotypes.
This discussion has been closed.