Why did you pick MFP?

Options
Why did you pick MyFitnessPal? I checked out Sparkpeople.com today and it looks pretty awesome.

So tell me.. why did you pick MFP?

Replies

• TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've used both, and gone it on my own, and this one has a much more comprehensive database for food. Plus a friend recommended this one, and she had lost 20 lbs using it, and that made me think I could as well. Which I have :bigsmile:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    it's what I found first. I post here due to the traffic.

This place is awesome for getting conversations moving.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was looking at Planet Fitness bashing websites and this popped up from a topic someone started
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I found this site first! that's it!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    It was free. And, I'm cheap. Figured I'd spend the money on food rather than a program!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I wanted a FitBit Flex and MyNetDiary won't sync with the FitBit unless you purchase their "max" plan. Pphhhhttt! Not gonna happen. So I came here and it's fabulous!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    looking for the best dating site ever.... :-) this site was recommended to me
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    it was recommended to me by people in an on line w eight loss support group
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    same as others - did an app search and it was free and came up first, and i thought it was easy to use. simple as that!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i just went to website.hahahaha. yup looks better ..hahahahaha
    its got more features
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Found it by accident, it was free, liked it, kept it.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I was using another site but the food database in this one was so much better. It makes it much easier to track foods without having to enter nutrition information yourself on everything you eat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    MFP kept coming up when I would do searches for nutritional info and the only way to see it is to sign up. I've stayed because MFP let's me count sodium.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Found it by accident, it was free, liked it, kept it.

Same for me too.
  • marygoodnight007
    Options
    I was over estimating my calories keeping a paper journal. I came to double check my numbers (because it's free) and stayed because I like that it lets me eat more than I was letting myself eat ;-)
  • kimpossible5
    Options
    I was using Livestrong/MyDailyPlate but this one had a bar code scanner for entering my food - SOLD!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I was using the Lose it app and my wife had MFP, well hers was better so I switched to MFP and I have never looked back.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my doctor told me about this site during a yearly physical. Never heard of the other one
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I was using My Food Diary. I still think that is great, but a bunch of friends were using this and I love the "friend" option here and the motivation that gives me. PLus, it's free and the food database is much bigger.
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    same as others - did an app search and it was free and came up first, and i thought it was easy to use. simple as that!

^^ This. And it had a calorie counter along with everyone being so amazing and supportive