Answering Questions

Options
Please people, please stop using questionable language on the board. Some people are offended by what you say so lets keep it clean. Thank You - I suppose you are going to tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else - well I just might do that.:angry:

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    hmmm..... have you never heard offensive language in your life? Skip the topics that seem to go that way, and respond to the topics that stay inoffensive.

Words are just words, they really can't hurt you. If you don't like certain language maybe you should stay away from the boards, as we are all adults here.
  • michele2377
    michele2377 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Please people, please stop using questionable language on the board. Some people are offended by what you say so lets keep it clean. Thank You - I suppose you are going to tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else - well I just might do that.:angry:
    Cant wait to see the gifs for this one
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nice to see I am not alone, but not as brave as you in sticking my head above the parapet

I have deleted "friends" and blocked posters who can only post using expletives, no need for it IMO

I also note we are much same age, possibly a generational thing? However that is not a reason we should tolerate such language
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tumblr_miedz5bO6v1s10m6fo1_250.gif
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I guess I look at it this way, If it offends you, ignore it. It may offend someone else that you're telling them to not do it. I understand that some people don't care for it, but seriously, if you watch television, it's there, do you contact the television stations and tell them the same thing or do you just change the channel?
  • michele2377
    Options
    ?p=6760

Look, I'm just pissed off that I can't post animated gifs. So I totally get you girl. I think I might just have to leave also
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Nice to see I am not alone, but not as brave as you in sticking my head above the parapet

I have deleted "friends" and blocked posters who can only post using expletives, no need for it IMO

I also note we are much same age, possibly a generational thing? However that is not a reason we should tolerate such language

Dear OP. Please take this posters advice. I mean not the part about "not tolerating such language" because the idea that the way you were raised means you somehow have a right to tell the rest of us what words we can and cannot say is ridiculous.

But by all means. Block and delete. This is how adults on the internet deal with things they don't like.

Well I mean. Some adults. The rest of us are going to post hilarious GIFs. Wait for it. Its coming.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is necessary... saying "aw, pussiefeathers" doesn't get the same point across.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    tumblr_miedz5bO6v1s10m6fo1_250.gif

^ This.

I'm actually irritated that the board censors language because I'm all for profanity.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    hmmm..... have you never heard offensive language in your life? Skip the topics that seem to go that way, and respond to the topics that stay inoffensive.

Words are just words, they really can't hurt you. If you don't like certain language maybe you should stay away from the boards, as we are all adults here.

I certainly have, and used it. I spent over 10 years in the Royal Navy, but this is not, nor should not be, a messdeck on a frigate

Time & a place for everything

Hitting your thumb with a hammer may be reason to swear, sitting typing at a keyboard is not

Casual swearing is not adult, it is childish
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

How sad. Can't come to the boards for fitness or diet help because all the 'adults' can't be civil.
  • michele2377
    Options
    Sometimes it is necessary... saying "aw, pussiefeathers" doesn't get the same point across.

What the fench toast is wrong with you. PUssiefeathers is very offensive. You are a stinky mcstink face.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    say-what-now-o.gif
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I guess I look at it this way, If it offends you, ignore it. It may offend someone else that you're telling them to not do it. I understand that some people don't care for it, but seriously, if you watch television, it's there, do you contact the television stations and tell them the same thing or do you just change the channel?

^^^This
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I do what I want! :tongue:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure what language you mean, as all curse words are filtered out by MFP.

**** **** ***** **** *kitten*

^^^see?

*eta - hahahahah, guess not ALL of them
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Telling me not to use "profanity", just makes me want to do it more. :devil:

Words only have power if you allow them to. Just because certain words hurt your "virgin ears", doesn't give you the right to demand that others not use those words. We're all adults here.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Wait...

What was the question?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Good to know we're safe with *kitten*!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options