Answering Questions

Options

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The more I think about it the more offended I am that someone thinks they have the right to tell me what words to use.....

censorship.jpg
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Cursing is not allowed on MFP. Most of the "bad words" are blocked from appearing and can earn you a strike if you try and go around it to use the language as an insult towards somebody. Simply report such language.

However, since foul language doesn't appear on the main forums often, I will assume you're talking about things that aren't really offensive. Are you going to tell me that if I say "you have a really nice *kitten* from doing squats" in reply to a success story would be offensive?

I mean, we're adults so if I use the word butt instead of *kitten*, in that context, you should know that there is no real difference?

So really, why are you so easily offended? I find many things offensive too mind you. My solution. I suck it up because just because I'm offended by something doesn't automatically make the other person wrong. I raise my voice when the other person is wrong.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    hmmm..... have you never heard offensive language in your life? Skip the topics that seem to go that way, and respond to the topics that stay inoffensive.

Words are just words, they really can't hurt you. If you don't like certain language maybe you should stay away from the boards, as we are all adults here.

I certainly have, and used it. I spent over 10 years in the Royal Navy, but this is not, nor should not be, a messdeck on a frigate

Time & a place for everything

Hitting your thumb with a hammer may be reason to swear, sitting typing at a keyboard is not

Casual swearing is not adult, it is childish

yourealmadoprah.gif
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I respectfully suggest you don't come back to the forums.

large-shirt-mos-eisley-wretched-hive-of-scum-and-villainy-star-wars-parody.jpg
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Good to know we're safe with *kitten*!

lol yup!

I personally like twatwaffle and douchecanoe
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I guess I look at it this way, If it offends you, ignore it. It may offend someone else that you're telling them to not do it. I understand that some people don't care for it, but seriously, if you watch television, it's there, do you contact the television stations and tell them the same thing or do you just change the channel?

^^^This

I'm not sure if "everybody else is doing it" is the best defense.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I use the same language on the forums as I do infront of my 84 year old grandmother..I dont see that changing any time soon.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    Please people, please stop using questionable language on the board. Some people are offended by what you say so lets keep it clean. Thank You - I suppose you are going to tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else - well I just might do that.:angry:

Who gets to decide what is questionable? You? The Mods? Or should each of us decide what is appropriate for us and act accordingly. If you do not like something I may post, you may certainly feel free to ignore it....but I do not see how you feel that you have the right to censor me, or judge me for what I may or may not find appropriate or questionable.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    What languages are questionable? French? Russian? Klingon?

I need a more detailed explanation.
  • HotCuppaJo
    Options
    Not exactly sure what language you mean, as all curse words are filtered out by MFP.

**** **** ***** **** *kitten*

^^^see?

*eta - hahahahah, guess not ALL of them

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    What qualifies as offensive? Is it just expletives or is it being sexually suggestive? Is it expressing a dislike of certain lifestyles or behaviors? I think if we all tried to not offend anyone there wouldn't be anything to say. Perhaps the internet is not the place for you.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    53848-welcome-to-the-internet-gif-3Vtq.jpeg
    I cannot see this thread ending well
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure what language you mean, as all curse words are filtered out by MFP.

**** **** ***** **** *kitten*

^^^see?

*eta - hahahahah, guess not ALL of them

Hahaha! That was going to be my point as well.
    Not sure which words the OP finds profane or offensive on the boards, as at least MOST of them are censored automatically. :laugh:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Where I have been known to use the occasional curse word... I usually use cute little characters to get the point across online #$%&*. However... seriously? We're going to take time away from answering SUPER importantant (yet repetitive) weight loss questions to address the profanity issue among adults on these boards?

And I might add I have a friend that always says things like "that was so stinkin' cute" and it annoys the holy crap out of me.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    why does suck it up cupcake come to mind?
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    say-what-now-o.gif
    Wha-choo talkin' bout Willis
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I find body shaming and misuse of apostrophes far more offensive than dropping Fbombs.
  • HotCuppaJo
    Options
    Please people, please stop using questionable language on the board. Some people are offended by what you say so lets keep it clean. Thank You - I suppose you are going to tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else - well I just might do that.:angry:

tumblr_inline_mmhlt8tWWI1qz4rgp.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Klingon?

PetaQ!
This discussion has been closed.