Hulu Plus / Netflix / or Amazon Instant Video?

Options
13»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We have Netflix Streaming and DVDs, and we also have cable. Personally, I can't imagine having slow internet again, and I hate waiting a year for new episodes of my favorite shows. I rarely watch the Netflix streaming, but the kids like it. I like to get the DVDs for movies because cable sucks for movies. If we had a choice for a different internet provider that was as fast as cable, then we might consider dumping, but I will never go back to DSL for internet. Screw AT&T!~
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Lately I'm liking amazon prime a little better than netflix. Netflix seems to have shifted their focus way more to TV shows and typically if we think of a movie that we want to watch, netflix doesn't have it. They have a lot of crap instead of classics and new releases. Plus amazon prime comes with other benefits like free shipping.

You must have streaming only for Netflix. It is rare that I can't find the movie I want on Netflix, but it's rarely streaming, so I wait for the DVD to make it up my queue.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have Amazon and Netflix but I could never give up cable since I'm a sports addict. I wish you could just pay for all the sports channels only
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into this lately too. Trying to decide if I should get a Roku or get the new google usb thing. From what I have read you only get Netflix and one other station with the google usb thing and with Roku you get like 1000 stations? The google usb is only $35 and Roku's run anywhere from $50 to$100 depending on which one you get and to be honest I can't figure out what the difference is on Roku 2 and Roku 3 , Roku one doesn't have the headphones and Roku 2 and 3 do? Any information would be helpful on this stuff!
    Thanks!

I was just looking into Roku and 1 has basics like Hulu, netflix and youtube. 2 has a few more, and has the headphones. 3 is for gamers.