You know you've been single for too long when...

Options

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I don't think the fact that someone wants a relationship means they're unhappy being single. I'm happy being single, I can say I have been my happiest this last year. But still, I would like to find someone to fall in love with. I find it funny how when someone "complains" about wanting a love life some people automatically assume that that person is unhappy with their lives. lol.

I don't *need* a man to make me happy. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy sharing my happiness with a man. Two different things. Just saying. xD

So many nerds here, for what I see. It's cool!

I'd gotten out of a five year relationship and was sorting myself out for a while, was perfectly happy on my own (went on a couple of dates but couldn't be arsed!) when I met my boyfriend at the pub I work in, well we'd known each other for about 6 months before we went on a date. He is pretty ace :blushing:

I am also an epic nerd - and will fight you all for David Tennant and Dita Vone Teese.......... At the same time............ I'll be in my bunk.............
  • deepidixit
    deepidixit Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't think the fact that someone wants a relationship means they're unhappy being single. I'm happy being single, I can say I have been my happiest this last year. But still, I would like to find someone to fall in love with. I find it funny how when someone "complains" about wanting a love life some people automatically assume that that person is unhappy with their lives. lol.

I don't *need* a man to make me happy. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy sharing my happiness with a man. Two different things. Just saying. xD

I want to come out of my marriage and one day I will surely :laugh: and completely agree to what you said that someone single dosent mean that she is unhappy...:flowerforyou:
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I'd gotten out of a five year relationship and was sorting myself out for a while, was perfectly happy on my own (went on a couple of dates but couldn't be arsed!) when I met my boyfriend at the pub I work in, well we'd known each other for about 6 months before we went on a date. He is pretty ace :blushing:

I am also an epic nerd - and will fight you all for David Tennant and Dita Vone Teese.......... At the same time............ I'll be in my bunk.............

I believe things tend to come when we less expect them but usually when we're ready for them even if we didn't know we were ready. Never know when your other half will show up. :P

OH no, you will have to fight for them and I fight dirty for my babies. xDD *zeta snapping*
  • binsylad
    binsylad Posts: 99
    Options
    I miss being coupled, then I have a horror writers convention to go to and I remember all over again why being single kinda rocks. No feelings to get hurt, no one guilting me into calling it a night before the sun comes up and I'm surrounded by awesome people.

WOW - How Cool are you? ;-)
  • Datahorde
    Datahorde Posts: 154
    Options
    You spend all your time in the gym
  • Pookylou
    Options

I believe things tend to come when we less expect them but usually when we're ready for them even if we didn't know we were ready. Never know when your other half will show up. :P

OH no, you will have to fight for them and I fight dirty for my babies. xDD *zeta snapping*

I'd been single for a little over 2 years when we met! Defo agree things sneak up when you least expect them - my work mate set us up, he claims he would have asked me out eventually..........

*brandishes knitting needles* I will go kung fu on your *kitten*, or we could come to some mutually beneficial rota system?
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I'd been single for a little over 2 years when we met! Defo agree things sneak up when you least expect them - my work mate set us up, he claims he would have asked me out eventually..........

*brandishes knitting needles* I will go kung fu on your *kitten*, or we could come to some mutually beneficial rota system?

That's cute. I'm sure your work mate boasts about how he bring you two together. lol.

Hahaha. You like knitting too? Cool. Are we too old to have a knitting needles-as-swords fight? Because I will go all "The Zorro" on your *kitten*, woman. xD But the rotation system sounds good too. After all I'm a little bit of a hippy. Peace and love and not war. :P
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    ....when you have to throw away condoms because they are past their use-by date.

Oh, wait, it's not a fill in the blank game? Oops.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You know you've been single for too long when......

Your favorite prostitute is your best friend
  • Pookylou
    Options

That's cute. I'm sure your work mate boasts about how he bring you two together. lol.

Hahaha. You like knitting too? Cool. Are we too old to have a knitting needles-as-swords fight? Because I will go all "The Zorro" on your *kitten*, woman. xD But the rotation system sounds good too. After all I'm a little bit of a hippy. Peace and love and not war. :P

I blame her on a constant basis for lumbering me with him........ Love him, honest!

I am a knitter, not a crocheter (TOO complex for me!), mostly sewing and making my own clothes at the mo. I like a good knitting needle war, though gotta be careful near the eyes! Love is much more productive than war, plus more snuggles.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    you feel like ted mosby
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    OMG...yep! LOL
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Just keep waiting.... It'll happen.

I go to school part time and work full time, and my friends live about an hour away, so any chance of me meeting someone who's not in my immediate world, is about slim to none. I also don't care to drink all that often, and would much rather stay in and chill then be out and about at a bar.

Enter meetup, where I go play trivia with a bunch of people around my age. Met this guy back in January when he was dating a friend. Didn't talk to him for about 3 months, and then him and said friend broke up. He asked me out about two weeks ago now, and we are as happy as can be. This Saturday, he's making dinner, I'm baking a desert and we'll probably crash on his couch and watch a movie or play some video games.
  • the1darren
    the1darren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @LeeM86. Ha, I feel the same way, only from a guys point of view. I have never had a problem getting a "date" but the problem is I hate dating.. I'd rather get to know a girl, be friends, & if it leads to more then great, if not that's fine as well. See the thing is, you will pretty quickly if there is a "more than friends" attraction. I just don't like labeling "dates" and such because I think it adds unnecessary pressure on the girl, especially if I am a gentleman and refuse to let her pay for anything. Most women may see that as the guy is expecting something and who could blame her. Lol. That is not who I am but she wouldn't know that. So yeah, all of the things that were named sound much better than partying if you are with the right person, and therein lies the problem--I guess I need to suck it up and get out of my comfort zone more, eh?! Haha!

"I am a Hopeless Romantic Trapped in a Cynic's Subconscious." -Me
  • the1darren
    the1darren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    b4hwzo.jpg

Also This ^
    Hence why I'm single

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way! Hmm, now who said that?! Wayne Dyer, maybe! I forget. Lol
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    ... the idea of your friends arranging you blind dates start to sound interesting.

LOL.

Am I the only one here who feels like they have been single forever? The problem with me is that I'm the anti girl-my-age. When I'm supposed to love partying and going out to drink and all that, I love staying at home, cooking, watching sci-fi/horror/asian movies and relaxing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love going out every now and then but just not as an every weekend thing. Specially when all the people my age loves to get drunk and I don't even drink alcohol.

Geez, being a nerdy girl with a somehow old-fashioned mind sucks. I only want a nice guy who likes to stay at home to play games, or watch movies, or make dinner together, have a LOTR marathon, or a Doctor Who one, or X Files one...

Forever alone? I guess so, since it's impossible to stay at home and find your better half. Buuuu.

*sorry for the whining*

I fully endorse your lifestyle.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You have no idea who the cat lady is in your neighborhood and then you realize it's YOU!!!
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    .....a dog humping your leg leaves you gasping for breath in sheer ecstacy.
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I had decided that I would probably be alone for the rest of my life too, but then a few months ago I met a wonderful guy at the gym (of all places)! So you don't necessarily have to go out drinking to meet someone! Keep your eyes peeled!
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Geez, being a nerdy girl with a somehow old-fashioned mind sucks. I only want a nice guy who likes to stay at home to play games, or watch movies, or make dinner together, have a LOTR marathon, or a Doctor Who one, or X Files one...

First let me get one thing straight: right now i'm looking a hyrule shield replica that is hanging on my wall between a signed batman sketch and a pink floyd poster. so i have nothing against nerd culture since i'm neck deep in it.

But i don't believe one needs to find some opposite gender version of oneself to be happy.
    Finding a girl that merely accepts, both my somewhat childish hobbys as well as my obsession with strength, has proven hard enough and i don't really need someone to share these things wit me. Even if in the beginning there is nothing that both of you enjoy equally it may still work out.

I even think that guys who are more on the introvert side, like myself, tend to have a lot more fun with people who force them out of there comfort zone.

on the other hand i haven't had a girlfriend in years so i might be very wrong about this...