Anyone experience INSANITY related injuries?

Options
13»

Replies

• jasonpettitt
    Options
    So far I've torn my calf and torn my groin. To be fair I've done them both playing football (soccer :I) but I'm convinced that the insanity programme has made me more injury prone.
  • Sim123one
    Sim123one Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Insanity ruined my ankle.
  • awoolli1
    awoolli1 Posts: 2
    Options
    The past few days I have had a lot of pain in both my ankles (feels like right around the achilles and a little more toward the outside of the ankle) during the warm up. Once I get beyond that it lets up a little bit, as long as I make sure that I land softly especially with the plyo since it's so much jumping. On top of that, my right hip makes a popping sound (I also feel it, but it's painless) when I do a lot of the moves, which is more annoying than anything else. I already have peroneal tendonitis as a pre-existing injury, so now I feel like I'm a mess, but I don't want to stop because I've always pushed through dance injuries and that has made me stubborn...and I don't want to be out of shape.
  • wanabefit76
    Options
    I got through 3 straight weeks of insanity but had sore lower calves after the workouts. First warm up of week 4 and I felt bad pain in my lower right calf and had to stop immediately, I couldn't jump. I went straight into the shed and started p90x, was a Monday which was good. It turns out I had tendenitis of the achillies and the last thing I need is a rupture. I started with shoes but by the end of day 2 I wore bare feet. I also used thick mma matts to jump on.
    Anyway im into day 5 of p90x week 2 and have had to miss plyo for now. Just be carefull with the lower calf pain because it's not your calf it's your achillies tenden about to pop!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    It's a fundamentally flawed schedule.

I'm surprised more people aren't injured doing it.