help my stubborn boyfriend

Options
2»

Replies

• symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am just guessing but I would think that the majority of people that are losing weight are not calorie counting. I used to be one of those people that could not understand how someone could count their calories, it just seemed like so much work. I had no problem losing weight just by getting more exercise and eating less calories without actually counting them. A person can lose weight while still eating hamburgers, fries and drinking beer. All of them have health benefits consumed in moderation.
    I now enjoy calorie counting to control my weight so it is possible that later on he may change his mind and decide he wants to give it a try. Congratulations on your weight loss, it seems that you are setting a good example of how to lose weight.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    . But if it's just that he doesn't like the idea of counting calories, but doesn't mind dieting or losing weight then perhaps you can propose a challenge. Tell him he should try to eat a little less for a few weeks without counting and see if he can lose weight that way. If it works great. If it doesn't ask him to try tracking, and help him do it, and help him set up a diet that lets him keep some of the beer and burgers he loves.

I was actually thinking of doing this.

it's slower than actually counting, but it does work. i got tired of counting calories (yet i am still here :-p) but i set myself rules about only eating and snacking when i feel hungry, and only eat until i am full, not stuffed. drink plenty of water or tea, no pop. oh, and i can have some alcohol, but only fridays & saturdays. lost 11 lbs this year so far, whereas last year, with counting, i'd probably lost 15-20 in the same time frame.