21 day 5000 calorie challenge: debunking the calorie myth?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    holy crap! Finally a plan I might want to follow!!!!!

I'd be so in...........
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    holy crap! Finally a plan I might want to follow!!!!!

I'd be so in...........

Do you think you could eat the same exact thing day after day for 21 days?

Unless the macro profiles of wine and ice cream miraculously change somehow, I think I would only make it 3 days on this plan.

kicking_dirt_1020.gif
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    So... just to clarify... he gained more than he'd anticipated?

Makes sense.

I dropped my first 30 or so lb just being paleo and not calorie counting.

But then I stopped losing.

Probably because I was really experimenting with recipes and eating a lot!

I never turned around and gained on it, but the calorie counting helped me lose even more.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone think its one or the other? (i.e. calories don't matter/calories are the end all be all)

Actually, its both.

How MANY calories you consume makes a difference and what those calories ARE also makes a difference. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. But you do have to eat foods that your body needs and you have to consume less calories than you burn in order to lose weight. Fast weight loss is rarely (if ever) permanent weight loss. Quick fixes don't work and they never will.

I think people are hoping this guy is right so they can actually eat some food.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that trainer but in the past I lost 15 kg by eating whatever, just small portions...Maybe he is a special snowflake, or maybe I am....

That's how it is done in Europe where people eat lots of dairies, meat, bread, but all in balance and reasonnable quantity (and they exercise more too though, take their car only when necessary..)