Foods that cause me to overeat.

Options
I have started keeping a list of all the foods that I know will cause me to overeat. There are some foods that no matter how many times I tell myself I will only eat a little bit I end up eating MULTIPLE servings.
Here is my list so far:
-Jellybeans/Smarties
-Pizza
-Sugary Cereal
-Chips and Salsa and regular potato chips
-Cheese
-Grapes
What foods are your trigger foods? Do you just avoid them or have you found a way to control the amount you eat?

Replies

• bankofsara
    Options
    ~anything in a bag... chips...crackers...candy ect. I have this overwhelming feeling that I must finish the whole thing!
    ~fruit.. but I am always okay with that! I'd rather overeat some fruit that junk food!

I try my hardest to not even buy the bagged stuff. I try to buy rice cakes and things that feel good to much on, but don't taste so good you eat them all. I can't imagine all of the people looking at me thinking I'm crazy as I run out of the chip isle with my head down humming to myself!!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What helps me is to weigh out or measure an actual serving of these foods and put it in a baggie or dish and thats all I can have. One serving or none.
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    I can turn a piece of cake or ice cream away any day, without blinking an eye. But do not put a jar of nutella or Peanut m&ms in front of me.
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    I can turn a piece of cake or ice cream away any day, without blinking an eye. But do not put a jar of nutella or Peanut m&ms in front of me.

OMG! I :heart: nutella more than my whole being!!! Sigh. I can't buy it, I will eat the whole jar. :laugh:
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and salty carbs!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I have a problem with pretty much anything which isn't a whole food. I didn't realize this until a few years ago when I stopped eating processed food for a week. It felt great because I stayed full and ate less. 100 cal packs of anything are the worst for me! I try to make my own packs of things like nuts, etc. since they keep me satiated w/out pushing me over the edge to have more.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Anything processed (chips, cake, cookies, pasta, bread, rice) my stomach is like a black hole, it never fills up.............I have started staying away from these items 100%.

Fruit - I have to severely limit for 2 reasons: 1. I am getting my triglycerides under control by limiting fruit intake and 2. I will binge on it until I either throw up or get severe diahrrea. Fruit brings out the sugar addict in me. Not good for someone that is reversing their diabetes
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I have a problem with bagged foods too. I have to take the portion out of the bag and put it in a bowl or else I'll just keep munching without realizing how much I'm eating.

My true trigger was soda (and diet soda) prior to cutting it out, it made me eat something salty, then sweet, then salty, then sweet. Never satisfied.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Pasta!!!
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Raw chocolate and Avocados- and not mixed, lol. :laugh:
    I could eat only those two things each day for an endless amount of days and probably be very happy. Sick, but happy....=p
    I am to the point now though where I can actually be sensible with both, most of the time. The choc. is still a rough one to say no to!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Chocolate!!!!
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Food that make me over eat are as followed..

1. Pepperment patties
    2. Baked BBQ chips
    3. Anything chocolate
    4.Banana's
    5. Bing cheeries

Any of these things for me one servings is just not enough. I have to eat them till I am sick of them. I have good and bad days and the bad out weigh the good.

Giz
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Potatoes! Chips, Fries. Crackers. Anything that is quick and salty, I will over eat. Mini chocolate candies. Buying a bag of them never works because the whole bag will be gone in a day or two. I can't keep anything in the house. Because I pretty much will over eat anything if it is quick and handy. I am taking a big step by having granola bars in my house right now. They are for my boyfriend.
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with ice cream. 1 serving is 1/2 cup... no way that happens. ever. Also I can't buy fresh bread (baguettes ect.) from the bakery because I find that I will eat half of the loaf in one sitting. Usually as soon as I get home from the supermarket. :blushing:
  • jbunn12
    jbunn12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I often find myself overeating when there are leftovers in the fridge that my family leaves after a dinner that i dont have. Mostly any type of pasta. I love noodles and even if i tell myself im not gunna have any i always do, and much more than i should. Also with left over pizza, i do the same thing, i can turn it down for dinner but then i end up eating some of it anyways!! the worst.
    I try not to put myself in situations where the food i love are around, but it sucks keeping yourself out of social setting because you dont think you can control your eating
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I am new to losing weight so right now I avoid all junk because I have to learn moderations, but I can tell you my weakness foods when i wasnt being accountable are as follows:

jelly beans
    oreos
    pizza
    popcorn
    tacos
    french fries
    nuggets
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter--I take a spoon to the jar every few days and don't measure any of it :noway: chips, cheez-its, alcohol haha. The other night I had a bunch of wine with one of my friends, then when she left I ate toast and pop-tarts. Grrrrr even though it was probably a good thing I filled myself with carbs to help me process all of that alcohol!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    A baguette with Brie (or Camembert)! I can have a whole baguette to myself as long as there’s the cheese to accompany it, so I just avoid it all together!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter--I take a spoon to the jar every few days and don't measure any of it :noway: chips, cheez-its, alcohol haha. The other night I had a bunch of wine with one of my friends, then when she left I ate toast and pop-tarts. Grrrrr even though it was probably a good thing I filled myself with carbs to help me process all of that alcohol!

Lol I love toast and poptarts!! I recently found out I am gluten intolerant though, so I stay away from toast and poptarts unfortunately/fortunately. I have a love/hate relationship with my gluten intolerance...

I am the same way with peanut butter, it is very dangerous for me. And chocolate. I will buy a fancy dark chocolate bar and tell myself I will eat one or two squares at a time and enjoy it over a week or two and 9 times out of 10, I manage to eat the whole thing in a matter of hours. I need adult supervision when I am around chocolate... Alcohol is bad too. Oh, and I have a serious addiction to corn chips and salsa.
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    Pretty much anything that comes in a bag, box, or jar I can overdo it too easily on!!! Need to keep these items out of my house!!