• muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Beer!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Beer!

Ditto... especially with chips - even worse if those chips are with dip (including chips/salsa)... popcorn... cheese and crackers (I :heart: cheese!)... trail mix....
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Beer, chips, chips beer, bad combo, bad
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry! :blushing:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I love chips and salsa!! I have started just allowing myself to eat them at work, and I count out the chips that I take with me so that I have a forced limit -- as long as I can resist eating them at home! I also love grapes and eat a lot of them, but I don't think that is such a bad thing?
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fresh Italian bakery bread. I could eat easily eat a loaf myself. I was running errands with my sister this morning. We had stopped at a bakery for a thank you tray for some of the professionals that had been taking care of our mom. She bought a pizza roll. The smell made me drool. It was killing me to be locked in a car with it!! But yes, mine would have to be fresh Italian bakery bread.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I love chips and salsa!! I have started just allowing myself to eat them at work, and I count out the chips that I take with me so that I have a forced limit -- as long as I can resist eating them at home! I also love grapes and eat a lot of them, but I don't think that is such a bad thing?

Oh yeah, chips and salsa. Especially those with lime. OMG, this thread is making me hungry.... backing out now. *drool* :grumble:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have started keeping a list of all the foods that I know will cause me to overeat. There are some foods that no matter how many times I tell myself I will only eat a little bit I end up eating MULTIPLE servings.
    Here is my list so far:
    -Jellybeans/Smarties
    -Pizza
    -Sugary Cereal
    -Chips and Salsa and regular potato chips
    -Cheese
    -Grapes
    What foods are your trigger foods? Do you just avoid them or have you found a way to control the amount you eat?

I know exactly what you mean! It's sweets for me, ESPECIALLY chocolate! Cakes are a no-go now too.

You see, if I could just have ONE cake or ONE chocolate bar per week, I would be happy to treat myself accordingly. However, I many not know myself through and through but I sure as hell know that once I start I continually crave more of those sweets, choccie and cakes.

If I can manage, at a time when I feel strong(ish) and cut them out for a couple of days, I am fine and actually feel tons better too. Feeling so much better, you would think would be a good incentive for not eating them though wouldn't you. No, not me, I can't just do things in moderation, it has to be the whole damn vending machine or nothing! :laugh:

Actually, just thinking about it makes me want to go and kick the door in! :explode:
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter is the worst for me! I just love it! I like the Jiff stuff but it is the allnautral.organic peanut butter that I just love. It is a miracle if I can stop myself, but lately I have been getting better. Carbs in general make me want to over eat.
  • fightthesunrise
    Options
    Fries. Especially steak fries. Usually I only start to crave them after a few glasses of pinot grigio. Another reason I should cut back on the wine. :(
  • nahtsalmon
    nahtsalmon Posts: 19
    Options
    - sour cream & onion chips
    - any type of cookie
    - ice cream
    - peanut butter
    - grapes

I've realized that anything layed out in bowls (ex. nuts, m&ms) is nearly impossible for me to resist :/
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Salty & crunchy is my downfall. As long as I stay away from sweet stuff I'm okay so I just don't start with them. I love Chester's corn puffs (kind of like popcorn) so if I get a bag I immediately divide it up into 1 serving size baggies. That really seems to work for me with the portion control and I feel like I ate the whole bag. I even had to throw some away because it got stale, which is a first for me.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    ...PEANUTS!!!!! I can't buy them without opening them in the car and then half of the container is gone by the time I'm home!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Chips
    Chips & Salsa
    Jelly Beans
    Hershey & Cadbury Chocolate Eggs
    Ice Cream
    Buffalo Cheese Dip
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day or not whether I can portion but I really have to watch myself with the following-

peanut butter
    cereal (I snack on it dry)
    Chex Mix
    chocolate
    ice cream
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lotus, your post made me laugh so hard the water I was drinking came out my nose. It's only because I am EXACTLY the same way! :laugh:
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter is the worst for me! I just love it! I like the Jiff stuff but it is the allnautral.organic peanut butter that I just love. It is a miracle if I can stop myself, but lately I have been getting better. Carbs in general make me want to over eat.

Me too :sad:
  • bhubbard
    bhubbard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree, any of those foods, anything that is sweet, makes me want to overeat...chips aren't too bad, but sugar-good or bad-makes me want to eat all or more!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have weird ones...

Rice
    Iced Coffee
    M&M's

Can't think of anymore right now.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Lotus, your post made me laugh so hard the water I was drinking came out my nose. It's only because I am EXACTLY the same way! :laugh:

hehehehe :laugh: