Tough Mudder

Options
1235»

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Vibrams before. I did have a pair of Merrel Pace Glove shoes that I wore until they literally fell apart. I loved that they had a very roomy toe box so my toes didn't feel squished.
  • Joocey
    Joocey Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Definetly agree with the spandex shorts.

Or spandex speedos. If you're a guy.

Paint the 'Superman' logo on your chest for instant attention (possibly good) plus movie tie-in endorsement dollars if you can contact the right people at WB.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I am not doing a Tough Mudder by title but I am taking part in the September running of the Wolfrun (http://www.thewolfrun.com/) it is a similar concept.

I started a C25K programme in October of last year, I ran my first race which was a 10K 3 weeks ago and hope to run my second 10K in 3 weekends time. A lot of my gym work is resistance work, also a member of the gym team is taking part so will start a training routine to help the group, so any tips would come in handy. :happy:

I must be mad :laugh:

Andy
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I am not doing a Tough Mudder by title but I am taking part in the September running of the Wolfrun (http://www.thewolfrun.com/) it is a similar concept.

I started a C25K programme in October of last year, I ran my first race which was a 10K 3 weeks ago and hope to run my second 10K in 3 weekends time. A lot of my gym work is resistance work, also a member of the gym team is taking part so will start a training routine to help the group, so any tips would come in handy. :happy:

I must be mad :laugh:

Andy

never heard of this one, i'll be looking it up! Feel free to join the group if you'd like :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

if you get a heel bruise from vibrams then you are doing it wrong.

^^^^^^ Er, yeah! I wear vibrams for running and have my pair for the tri this weekend and the tough mudder in September (the totally closed ones no laces, etc) You need to run on your forefoot....no heel strike...
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options

if you get a heel bruise from vibrams then you are doing it wrong.

^^^^^^ Er, yeah! I wear vibrams for running and have my pair for the tri this weekend and the tough mudder in September (the totally closed ones no laces, etc) You need to run on your forefoot....no heel strike...

Yep.. I'm going on TM number 3 in October (Seattle). I used the vibrams (bakila no lace) for my previous 2 TM's without heel bruises (bruises and cuts everywhere else though!). Exactly as she said above, run on your forefoot.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    trail running, forefoot running, and minimus shoes are definitely things you need to practice before a race.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    trail running, forefoot running, and minimus shoes are definitely things you need to practice before a race.

I agree 100% on this. Forefoot running takes getting used to as it works your lower leg and foot muscles COMPLETELY differently than running in a shoe with a thick and cushioned sole.

ETA: I remember the first time I ran in minimalist shoes on my forefoot the outside of my shins/calves were SO sore for like a week after. It was a big wake up call lol.