Going Over Calorie Goal

Options
2»

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    No, I figure I've always got a few hundred or so calories to play with either way. I go over often.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No, because unless I go over by a lot, I'll still be at a deficit or near my TDEE. I might lose slower, but I still lose. I go over for special events and social outings, but I try to at least stay under my TDEE. I feel like it's also important that I have a social life and let myself have some treats, and I think it's possible to do that while still losing weight.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i do feel guilty.. it usually happens on a weekend.. i sometimes go try to exercise to counteract it.. but not all the time.. i feel excessively guilty but i also know there is another day the next day and another chance to make it right. it will be okay. its part of the journey. just dont give up. try harder next time.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    nope. I'm eating at a 500 calories deficit. If I'm over by 50 calories for the day, I'm still at a deficit of 450. Try not to let it bother you too much. Some days you'll be a little under, some a little over. It generally balances out.

^^^^^This. It tends to average out for me over the week, so I don't worry about it.

I will say that it bugs me if I go over for a treat that ends up not being as delicious as I anticipated that it would be. That is always disappointing.