Chipotle!~!

Options

Replies

• albrown44
    albrown44 Posts: 12
    Options
    FUNNY!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.

But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).

On the same token, you posted just to bash her post, so you guys are even-steven.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.
    But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).
    On the same token, you posted just to bash her post, so you guys are even-steven.
    No, I opened the thread because I like Chipotle, and I answered her question. But I found the information I mentioned not really relevant to her post which is why I mentioned it, but said "seems like". She has clarified otherwise.
    WOW... No. I didn't sit in the line thinking "OMG I can't wait to get back to my computer and bash her on MFP" but when is "enough enough?" Like when you want to help, but it's clearly not your place. I think we take our portion sizes way out of control.
    Glad to know it. Too often I see posts here that make me want to scream because they come across as just an excuse to be nasty to fat (or fatter, cause it’s not just the thin people doing it) people. Sorry if I was wrong about your post. As for when enough is enough – well that’s when SHE finally gets to whatever point she needs before it gets her to find a better way (and MFP). Sadly – some people never get there. All you can do is lead by example.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I might have to go there. I checked out the web site and I can get a chicken bowl for 390 calories and 9g fat. Nice! Just have to say no to the cheese.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    What does everyone order when they go? The woman in front of me was literally about twice my size and everything they were giving her, she would say "A little more" The meals they provide are easily enough for two servings, or in this case three!

I used their website to calculate what my bowl was. I am on a moderate carb diet, so I got 1/2 black beans, 1/2 pinto beans, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak, cheese and a tad of sour cream and hot sauce.

530 Calories
    21.5g fat/10.5 sat fat
    905g sodium
    28g carbs
    16g fiber
    4g sugar
    49g protein

What do you all get?? =)

I don't think she was meaning to bash anyone. It was just a question out of curiosity. People don't know what they put into their bodies anymore. Even now that I'm trying to watch what I eat I often wonder HOW THE HELL DID I USE TO EAT ALL THAT FOOD. I used to eat junk food everyday. Now I feel guilty if I even eat it once a week.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Two servings? Pffft I chow down on my WHOLE 1,000 calorie chicken burrito in one sitting... NOM NOM NOM!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hard tacos, carnitas, black beans, salsa verde, lettuce, guacamole, and sour cream. Always. I usually have to skip lunch or dinner though when I go there. hehehe
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I get the chicken bowel but it is usually lunch and dinner.. so freaking good
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Chipotle...blech.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's true, when you eat healthy you start to notice the unhealthy habits of others. I get the salad with chicken, beans, salsa and a small sprinkle of cheese.. it's so good, I'm the one that will say to them, just a little please.. or take some out. :tongue:
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I mix it up...if I am really watching what I am eating..I go with chicken soft tacos.

Does anyone notice the dishwashing detergent taste in their food? I can't really explain what I am asking..but their food gives a small..very minute hint of dishwashing detergent taste.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything.

Hmm maybe it's hard because YOU SHOULD NEVER TELL AN ADULT HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD BE EATING*. :indifferent:

.... Never tell that to a dietitian! Or personal trainer....

Sometimes, it is necessary.

*Unless someone is paying you to do so specifically, it is complete DBaggery.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Two servings? Pffft I chow down on my WHOLE 1,000 calorie chicken burrito in one sitting... NOM NOM NOM!

LOL! My brother and I went not too long ago and I guessed what was in his burrito for nutritional value. My numbers were each slightly off, but my macro percentages were spot on. He said he was in a food coma afterwords, so I asked why he didn't just save the rest for a delicious dinner. He replied saying because he wouldn't feel like a man if he couldn't finish it!
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    I got tired of the chicken and started ordering carnitas.

tried the salad.. but used lime juice instead of dressing (cuts down on fat)

Salad, rice, cheese, no beans, fjita, tomatoes medium salsa, and a few slices of limes...

Ocasionally I get the Guacamole, but it's high in fat. SKIP the SOUR CREAM and limit the cheese. Youy already get a lot of protein from the meat so why do you need the extra calories and protein? I skipped the salad dressing because it's just extra fat/calories. The salad was a bit dry but I just added extra medium salsa. Came out to be about 550 calories and ess fattening.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I used to get everything under the sun back in high school when I had my athletic shape lol one HUGE toddler sized chicken or barbacoa burrito after volleyball practice. Those were the days :laugh:

Now? Chicken and steak salad (about 70+ for protein), fajita veggies, no dressing, guac sometimes, corn, and tomatoes.
    Dee-effing-licious.

ETA: And yes, I eat the entire thing in one sitting. Go hard or go home.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    LOVE Chipotle! In fact, I may go there for lunch tomorrow after reading this thread.

I usually get a bowl with light brown rice, black beans, double meat (steak and barbacoa), cheese, pico, sour cream and guacamole.

I get double meat because it ups the protein count for one serving -- I can get 2.5 meals out of one bowl. I get the sour cream and guac on the side so I can reheat my bowl, and usually don't use all of them.

I actually have a lot of empathy for those who order and eat big. I used to be one of those people and although I'm happier with who I am now, I certainly don't judge. :-)
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I mix it up...if I am really watching what I am eating..I go with chicken soft tacos.

Does anyone notice the dishwashing detergent taste in their food? I can't really explain what I am asking..but their food gives a small..very minute hint of dishwashing detergent taste.

It's probably the cilantro that you are tasting. That's why I skip the rice there (or when I want rice ask for the cilantro-free rice they have out back). Some people have a issue where they don't taste cilantro the same was as "normal" people, and many report it tasting like soap (though soap would be an improvement on how it tastes to me).
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Is this kind of like a Moes?

At Moes I like the Jr burrito with black beans, steak, fajita veggies, pico, and lettuce. Yummy, and keeps me full forever!!

TO ME...Moes taste better...I love their Joey Bag of Donuts. and the chips with Cheese con queso....that combination is better than anything offered at Chipotle...

BUT I it has to be more unheathier than Chipotle...
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is my favorite kinda-fast-food restaurant and when I started being more health conscious, I changed my Chipotle choices to reflect that. I wrote a suuuuper long blog post about it this morning, actually, which gives an in-depth description of what I changed and why: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SamanthaAnnM/view/chipotle-survival-101-337858. In a nutshell, I always get a bowl (no tortilla!) and leave off high calorie ingredients like the meat, sour cream, and cheese. I still get the guacamole though, I can't help it. <3 My bowl is less than 600 calories and I don't always eat the whole thing, so it's definitely a reasonable option for dinner.

I'm hungry now!!
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options

It's probably the cilantro that you are tasting. That's why I skip the rice there (or when I want rice ask for the cilantro-free rice they have out back). Some people have a issue where they don't taste cilantro the same was as "normal" people, and many report it tasting like soap (though soap would be an improvement on how it tastes to me).

THANK you! I sometimes notice that taste when I am at on the border too...it's not often...I guess I am normal?
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

That taste would be cilantro. There is a genetic component to our taste perception of cilantro. Half of the population LOVE cilantro. The other half think that it tastes like soap. (I'm one of the soap component. It's one of the few things I really don't like much.)