Chipotle!~!

Options

Replies

• Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I mix it up...if I am really watching what I am eating..I go with chicken soft tacos.

Does anyone notice the dishwashing detergent taste in their food? I can't really explain what I am asking..but their food gives a small..very minute hint of dishwashing detergent taste.

It's probably the cilantro that you are tasting. That's why I skip the rice there (or when I want rice ask for the cilantro-free rice they have out back). Some people have a issue where they don't taste cilantro the same was as "normal" people, and many report it tasting like soap (though soap would be an improvement on how it tastes to me).

THANK you! I sometimes notice that taste when I am at on the border too...it's not often...I guess I am normal?

Well, apparently you are only sometimes normal (when you don't notice it). LOL. Most people don't notice cilantro at all. Some people have a "super taster" issue with it, and notice the soapy flavor. I have no idea what my issue is (I'm not technically a supertaster, cause I don't have other issues that supertasters have), but I think it's the most vile stuff on the planet.
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    730 cals for my burrito bowl. Aaannnd I'm on my way to go get one now. :P
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today I had:

Bowl
    Chicken
    Fajita Veggies
    Tomato Salsa
    Corn Salsa
    Medium Sals
    Guac

475 Cals. Eaten all in 1 sitting

I usually get some variation of that - sometimes without any or all of the salsas. If I had a good workout that morning, I may get all that in a burrito - used to eat the burrito in one sitting. I no longer do.

On a separate note - I was actually thinking of starting a venting thread on Chipotle. I really wish they would separate their green peppers and onions. They always overload on peppers and I'd prefer more onions.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I mix it up...if I am really watching what I am eating..I go with chicken soft tacos.

Does anyone notice the dishwashing detergent taste in their food? I can't really explain what I am asking..but their food gives a small..very minute hint of dishwashing detergent taste.

That taste would be cilantro. There is a genetic component to our taste perception of cilantro. Half of the population LOVE cilantro. The other half think that it tastes like soap. (I'm one of the soap component. It's one of the few things I really don't like much.)

Ahh...Thanks for this input...I always get cilantro on Pho...I can't taste the soapy taste when eating it with Pho...I only really notice this taste at Chipotle...and every now and then when I am at On the Border...
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options

It's probably the cilantro that you are tasting. That's why I skip the rice there (or when I want rice ask for the cilantro-free rice they have out back). Some people have a issue where they don't taste cilantro the same was as "normal" people, and many report it tasting like soap (though soap would be an improvement on how it tastes to me).

THANK you! I sometimes notice that taste when I am at on the border too...it's not often...I guess I am normal?

Well, apparently you are only sometimes normal (when you don't notice it). LOL. Most people don't notice cilantro at all. Some people have a "super taster" issue with it, and notice the soapy flavor. I have no idea what my issue is (I'm not technically a supertaster, cause I don't have other issues that supertasters have), but I think it's the most vile stuff on the planet.

WOW...I always notice it at Chipotle...just sometimes at On the border...not always..but then again when I am at on the border I mix it up a lot...so maybe some things have more cilantro on it than others.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    We don't have those chains in England but we do have a burrito place in my city that is awesome. I don't eat there often at all because it's quite expensive (£8 for a burrito) but when I do I get the spinach wrap, with a small bit of lime rice, black beans, the mild and the chipotle salsa, lettuce, jalepenos, red cabbage and roasted peppers. I have no idea how much that comes to calorie wise though :3
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I always get a burrito with chicken, light on the pinto beans and brown rice, mild and medium salsa, cheese and sour cream. I eat only half because that is MORE than enough to fill me up.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

WOW...I always notice it at Chipotle...just sometimes at On the border...not always..but then again when I am at on the border I mix it up a lot...so maybe some things have more cilantro on it than others.

Yeah - I find I can tolerate it in some things, but not most. But at Chipotle it is in their rice and every salsa (though I don't notice it in the hot as much which is why I get that one), so you are probably getting more than in other places.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awww man. I thought someone was offering free chipolte coupons. Damn it people. Why do you keep teasing me!:sad:
  • monkeynumber100
    monkeynumber100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything.

Hmm maybe it's hard because YOU SHOULD NEVER TELL AN ADULT HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD BE EATING. :indifferent:

.... Never tell that to a dietitian! Or personal trainer....

Sometimes, it is necessary.

Never say never. Like...never. Never never never.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Today for lunch (and any other time I get Chipotle):

Lunch
    Chipotle - Romaine Lettuce (Salad Bowl)(Website-Nutr.Facts), 2.5 oz 10 2 1 0 5 1
    Chipotle - Brown Rice, 4 oz. 160 31 3 4 150 0
    Chipotle - Black Beans, 4 oz. 120 23 7 1 250 1
    Chipotle - Fajita Vegetables, 2.5 oz. 20 4 1 1 170 2
    Chipotle - Tomato Salsa, 3.5 oz 20 4 1 0 470 3
    Chipotle - Guacamole, 3.5 oz 150 8 2 13 190 1
    Add Food Quick Tools 480 72 15 19 1,235 8

I know the sodium's going to be high, so I just have low sodium breakfast and dinner. Yum!
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    me and my co-worker went there today for lunch, i got the chicken salad, with brown rice, black beans, mild salsa, cheese and sour cream, and the dressing, i ate the whole thing it toke me almost an hour, lol, oh well today is a bad day cause i had a chocolate chip frappe from mcdonalds and CC cookies, lol and i loved every bit of it. Its TOM, so im allowed one day of guilty pleasure, lol :devil:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I get a salad no dressing with chicken, rice, veggies, alot of mild salsa, corn, sour cream & cheese. For the amount you get and the fullness that lasts a very long time, I think the calorie count is great.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

LOL! My brother and I went not too long ago and I guessed what was in his burrito for nutritional value. My numbers were each slightly off, but my macro percentages were spot on. He said he was in a food coma afterwords, so I asked why he didn't just save the rest for a delicious dinner. He replied saying because he wouldn't feel like a man if he couldn't finish it!

My brother can eat 2 burrito's in a sitting. He's not heavy set at all. Makes me so mad. LOL. If I ate 2 burrito's I would gain 37 lbs.
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.

But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).

WOW... No. I didn't sit in the line thinking "OMG I can't wait to get back to my computer and bash her on MFP" but when is "enough enough?" Like when you want to help, but it's clearly not your place. I think we take our portion sizes way out of control.

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything. I think when you make a conscious decision to be healthier you notice more how UN healthy everyone else eats (friends, family, strangers) and you do want to "help" but it really isn't our place. My fiance and I fight over this same thing! lol . . . it's crazy. But I know when the shoe was on the other foot and I didn't really notice (or care) I would be very offended if someone brought it to my attention how much I was eating. lol But I knew and the lady at Chipotle knew but people will do what they want. They have that choice.

I feel that way with my husband. His day is very busy at work and he would often eat fast food literally every day. I know there is a fine line of when a wife suggests something versus nags, so instead of suggesting anything different at fast foods or even bring it up, I invited him to come to the super market with me. I told him to pick out anything he wanted for lunch foods, and I would wake up earlier each morning and pack him a lunch. It's worked all week! He traded in his four mcdoubles and a large sweet tea for a ham/turkey/cheese sandwich, banana, bag of carrots with ranch, and assorted nuts! For the win!! <3

good idea! I have asked my fiance what he wants me to cook for the week and I do notice he takes a lunch more often when I include him. Anything is better than eating out almost EVERY day at work during lunch. Good job on helping him out!
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i get chicken and corn salsa / which is under 300 calories/// sometimes I get pinto beans!!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    What does everyone order when they go?

But it got me wondering... what does everyone else get? Can you eat it all in one sitting?

I gave it up Chipotle completely.
  • linzee2207
    linzee2207 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was amazed when I finally looked up how many calories were in my old order.. like >1000.. almost 1200. That's my entire daily calorie intake in a freakin burrito! I found a healthier option now that is more than half the calories of my old one and still delicious.

Old order:
    Burrito
    White Rice
    Chicken
    Fajitas
    Mild Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Lettuce

New order:
    Burrito bowl (lose the carbs)
    Brown rice
    Chicken
    Fajitas
    Mild salsa
    Cheese
    Lettuce

I couldn't get rid of the cheese but I scratched the sour cream and instead use their hot sauce for extra flavor. Also, stay away from those god forsaken chips and guac. They are addicting and contain more calories than you wanna know.
  • np11073
    np11073 Posts: 30
    Options
    My favorite is the burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, red chili sauce and cheese. I believe it comes in at about 580 calories. I use to be careful with carbs, but you need at least 30 grams per meal. The brain is the only organ that cannot utilize fat for energy.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I usually the soft corn tacos (2-3) with steak, fajita veggies, lettuce, tomato salsa, and sour cream on the side (so I can control it). 3 tacos is about 440 calories. yeah, salt and fat are high, but I generally plan on Chipotle a week or so in advance.