"if you ate like this for 5 weeks you would weigh"

Options
Anyone actually hit that number mfp projects? I've been on for 5 weeks I'm not even close

Replies

• alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Not here :grumble:
  • mmmb300
    mmmb300 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just like seeing that number :laugh:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be pretty accurate! Now that I have a lot less to lose it's not, but I still love that number :)
  • ilovekc
    ilovekc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nope, the 5 weeks keep stretching.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have hit them pretty consistently. When I would see that number in the beginning, I never thought it was possible. Then, when it started happening, the numbers didn't seem as far fetched as I had originally thought. They're not always 100% on target but when they're not, I still get very close.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    Nope, LOL.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Nope, according to that 5 weeks projection, I should've surpassed my goal weight months ago. :grumble:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Sort of. My diet/exercise goes up and down a bit. It's been right on a couple of days, up to 5 lbs off a couple of days. That being said, it is much more accurate now that I record net cals and not gross. Also, I don't use MFP's cals for my cals burned. It gives me too many.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Never for me!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've only been using MFP for 2 1/2 weeks, but it's interesting to see the numbers.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not. Frustrating. :(
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    never for me, mind ive stuck at the min.
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    I haven't hit that predicted number, but like someone already said, it is nice to see it! Keeps you reaching!! :wink:
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I figure slow and steady wins the race.
  • sap_basis
    sap_basis Posts: 5
    Options
    I hit it, and it's just a program that can't always be met, but the first one can. I notice that the first 5% of body weight lost is the easy part. The rest is challenging and you need to find tricks that work for you. For me it's always cutting bread, pasta, rice and sugar. That does it, but wow I can't live like that so I look forward to my first plate of pasta! I am Italian, lol!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No because it changes daily. All it means to say is: if you ate like this every day for the next 5 weeks you'd weigh XXX. Of course, no one eats identically the same day in and day out - some days you are under and some days when you are over. When I go over, it actually projects that my weight will be higher in five weeks. I think the intent of it is to provide motivation not an actual prediction.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Summer and fall made it easier for me to hit it when I had more to lose. I think I hit (or damn close)for about a month running last summer.
  • tpringle24
    tpringle24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No because it changes daily. All it means to say is: if you ate like this every day for the next 5 weeks you'd weigh XXX. Of course, no one eats identically the same day in and day out - some days you are under and some days when you are over. When I go over, it actually projects that my weight will be higher in five weeks. I think the intent of it is to provide motivation not an actual prediction.

This^^
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I hate the MFP messages so I never hit that button that closes out your diary for the day.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I havent seen it either. Not even close