Ladies in the gym

Options

Replies

• echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    i don't mind the "approach" but its the lingering that bothers me. If you want to talk, ask when I am going to be finished and can talk after. But I had and 19 year old follower today and it was just so wrong.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    As I am single and looking, heck yeah I'd love to be chatted up by a guy I find attractive in any circumstance. Hopefully he wouldn't choose a moment when I'm completely covered in stinky sweat.

That said, unfortunately I work out at home! I run and cycle on city trails, but so far there doesn't appear to be an opportunity to socialize out there.
  • revncarmichael
    revncarmichael Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't know why my 30lb fitness line did not show, but since today is the day I am claiming it off for good I am posting it! :happy:
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i have never been talked to at the gym. or even looked at.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I wondered but that also brings up another question. If you are not working out in the "Ladies workout area" does that mean you do not mind guys talking to you?

The ladies workout area is lame.

It's the beat down cardio equipment, a few weight machines, and some dumb bells that don't go above 30 lbs. Gimme a break! I wanna workout. LOL

I mean would you want random girls walking up to you all the time while you are working out? If I'm just coming in, or leaving, or moving from one area to another and I don't look busy.. sure approach me. But if I'm like covered in sweat and out of breath and grunting because I'm squating my own weight it's probably not a good time. LOL
  • NatashaC88
    Options
    I have never heard of their being a Ladies area at a gym, that is wierd to me. There is no better help than to have someone male or female give a good job to me when I am struggling or sweating through my clothes. I'm happily married (^_^) to a great man who does not mind his wife spending time at the gym. Do I get annoyed when someone talks way too long to me, eh I just be cordial and continue on my way. I don't do the whole workout buddy thing...not for me. I lkke getting into my zone and relying on myself to push through the task at hand.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have what is known as,"chronic ***** face," so I don't think anyone even thinks to. I look pissed, but I am really a happy person.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wondered but that also brings up another question. If you are not working out in the "Ladies workout area" does that mean you do not mind guys talking to you?

I don't work out in the 'guy's section' because I don't mind them talking to me. I work out there because I can and will throw down some decent weights with better form than most of the men! I am more motivated in the guy's area because they DON'T bother me. They see I'm serious, focused and not in the mood for them.

I do have guy "friends" at my gym but we are all there to work- and NONE of us are ugly (or single)!
  • NatashaC88
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
    KEEP IT UP!!!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't mind it if a guy comes up to me and introduces himself, chats a bit if I'm not really into a workout, etc...

It's when the creepy guy comes up and immediately says something like, "You're hot... Can I get your number?" Ugh.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym with my boyfriend or my best friend. I get some looks (being one of the only young females who goes there) but no one really talks to me.

It helps that I've known most of the older guys that go there since I was a baby. That's not sexy haha.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If that's really you in your profile picture, I wouldn't mind if you came up to me, as long as you were shirtless! :p
  • Natsume
    Natsume Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a happily married and attractive female. I often work out with either my husband or a male friend. I do this to discourage the creepers, however I do not mind guys talking to me as long it is constructive. If I am told how to correct my form, given a compliment about my workout, asked if I am using equipment, or a QUICK hi, I have absolutely no issue. If the person tries to pick me up or stalk me around the weight room, I want to punch them in the face. Try to pick someone up with a broken nose :P
    I am normally non-violent, but I HATE narcissistic creepers.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me whatsoever...we have a small gym, most people get along, or at least acknowledge each other with a wave. It only bugs me if I'm really working hard and someone interrupts that. I don't care how I look, or how anyone else looks. We are mostly middle aged, overweight people, with a smattering of younger 'fit' guys and girl. In fact the only people who don't talk to me are the younger, really fit women.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't mind it if a guy comes up to me and introduces himself, chats a bit if I'm not really into a workout, etc...

It's when the creepy guy comes up and immediately says something like, "You're hot... Can I get your number?" Ugh.

That really happens????

Being middle aged and overweight has it's advantages... :laugh:
  • palmkath
    palmkath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I'm lifting I'd like to be left alone. I don't mind random chatting in between sets or during cardio (Are you using this? Kind of Qs). I'm at the gym to work out and have a limited amount of time when doing so. If they're really interested, then they should ask for a phone number. Gym time = My time.

Sara

Exactly.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    What is the "ladies area" ?!?!

Think 'pink dumbbells' hun.

*runs*
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    What is the "ladies area" ?!?!

Think 'pink dumbbells' hun.

*runs*

Luckily I can nail a goal kick at 65m so you better run fast to outrun what's about to come your way :grumble:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I hit it hard while I'm there so I would be annoyed if I was approached during my work by anyone. Afterwards, fair game.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym, I personally do not like to talk to anyone if I don't have to. This is my ME time and I tend to be quite selfish while I am there.