Personal trainer here to say hi and help you

Options

Replies

• giabelle
    giabelle Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian,

I, like you, am very new to the MFP message board community. However, am very happy that I checked it out!

Your post pretty much answered a silent prayer for me today, so thank you for offering your help and guidence. I'm sure it means a lot to many people.

I am sure as time goes on I will be bombarding you with a zillion questions, but for today I have but ONE!

" What advice would you give to a girl who is just starting out on a very LONG journey of serious weight loss? "

I am sure there are a million things I could/should be doing at this point, but I'm starting off SLOWLY and want to take it one day at a time..one step at a time.

I'm a pretty big girl and find that it's very difficult to be mobile at this point. I would love to be as active as my mind, heart and spirit are but the truth of the matter is, my body just hurts so bad from carrying all this access weight around. At times, when I am somewhat active, I feel as though my legs just cannot take it.

So what do you recommend?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for being so nice. I do have one question: My exercise consists of stationary cycling, stationary rowing, treadmills (uphill) and swimming. Should I be doing more/varied exercise to lose weight (on top of a careful diet, of course)?
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian,

I, like you, am very new to the MFP message board community. However, am very happy that I checked it out!

Your post pretty much answered a silent prayer for me today, so thank you for offering your help and guidence. I'm sure it means a lot to many people.

I am sure as time goes on I will be bombarding you with a zillion questions, but for today I have but ONE!

" What advice would you give to a girl who is just starting out on a very LONG journey of serious weight loss? "

I am sure there are a million things I could/should be doing at this point, but I'm starting off SLOWLY and want to take it one day at a time..one step at a time.

I'm a pretty big girl and find that it's very difficult to be mobile at this point. I would love to be as active as my mind, heart and spirit are but the truth of the matter is, my body just hurts so bad from carrying all this access weight around. At times, when I am somewhat active, I feel as though my legs just cannot take it.

So what do you recommend?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
    this explains me as well- please help :flowerforyou:
  • deponemonster
    Options
    I need all the help I can get! so thank you!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Do you have any suggestions for a new runner (just hit running 30 minutes straight at a slow pace for the 1st time on Friday) in how to shut up the brain? I find that I spend too much time wondering how long I've run, how much longer I have to go, how many times I've gone around the track (when I'm on the track), etc. It makes for a miserable workout but I just can't get my brain to shut up.

This is me! I listen to music or books on tape. (Well, not on tape...)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    What a sweet gentleman to offer! Cheers to you sir!:drinker: I have a feeling he is going to be very very busy :wink:
  • lauramperez
    Options
    Hi my name is Laura. I'm new to this site and I'm in need of encouragement and suggestions. I've been on a medically supervised diet and lost about 21lbs. I stopped the diet about 4 months ago as it became so expensive with all the Dr. visits and diet pills. Now that I've been off the medical diet I've gained about 9 lbs back. I don't know how to get back on track. Any suggestions?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    its your JOB to be here and focused for us? NOT!! Do you get PAID to be here? no, this isnt your job!!!! this is some troll who wants women.

YOU FAILED TO SCORE!

Sorry to those who fell for it.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi brianj1988, I have lost 110 lbs. over the course of two years. I workout everyday usually for about two hrs. I run and do about 25 minutes of sit ups,pushups and crunches. My question is now that I've lost the weight how many days do I need to exercise to "maintain" it? Thanks for your help:smile:
  • VictoriaMelanie
    Options
    Hiiiii =] I have a question...If im doing squats and my knees are hurting am i doing them wrong?
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    nice to have you here :) I've just started myself and look forward to picking your brain if the need comes
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    for one.. DONT follow his diary, its BLANK, and the days he DID log its 1500 UNDER....... this is some scum who wants women to worship him!

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE.. why are you falling for this drama???????
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    its your JOB to be here and focused for us? NOT!! Do you get PAID to be here? no, this isnt your job!!!! this is some troll who wants women.

YOU FAILED TO SCORE!

Wow!!! Cynical...
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

YOU FAILED TO SCORE!

Wow!!! Cynical...

WOW!!! you fell for it. REALLY? anyone can get pics off the internet.. hell i could be SKINNY! *sigh* get a clue...... GOOGLE him, there is NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! No credits, no AWARDS, no DIPLOMAS..... nothing.

stop being so dramatic!
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

YOU FAILED TO SCORE!

Wow!!! Cynical...

WOW!!! you fell for it. REALLY? anyone can get pics off the internet.. hell i could be SKINNY! *sigh* get a clue...... GOOGLE him, there is NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! No credits, no AWARDS, no DIPLOMAS..... nothing.

stop being so dramatic!

Sorry no drama here... nor trolling... Just struck me as a bit too cynical.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    thanks for offering to help. I started MFP in july of 2010 and have lost 105 lbs, I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. My question is now that I am close to my goal weight I would like to concentrate more on toning up the loose skin. Do you have any advice on what is the best way to do this? and also how useful are the protein powders in helping to build muscle?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to do the same thing! We should be friends! :)

My new YouTube Channel :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJoF0wJNGwE
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I injured my sciatic nerve (right side) and have a herniated disc 15 years ago. I have not had flexibility for years and suffer from tight hamstrings. What are some exercises I can do to lengthen my hamstrings and get rid of the numbness in my right leg?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Can use all the help I can get!