Can't meet my calories!

Options
DaniKenmir
DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
I'm really trying here, but I'm only eating my 1200, I'm not hungry after that so I can't seem to eat back my exercise calories, I find it really hard to meet my 1200 a day! Should I just have a litre of juice ha ha?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    eat a 2 oz chunk of cheese - 200 calories

a spoonful of peanut butter- 200 calories

dont be afraid of fat content...fat is a good thing

add some olive oil to any meal 200-300 calories of good fat

mash up an avacado, mix in some salsa put ontop of 3 scrambled eggs...BAM 500 calories of rocket fuel
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

mash up an avacado, mix in some salsa put ontop of 3 scrambled eggs...BAM 500 calories of rocket fuel

yup. this. note on the fat. we're talking about the good fat, like the kind found in an avocados, certain fish, nuts, etc.

also, protein fruit smoothies. 1-2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 6-8 ounces of OJ, and a handful or two of frozen berries. thats like a 400-600 calories shake.
  • shiftysheep
    shiftysheep Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes add flax seeds, peanut butter, scoop of ice cream & coco powder to my protein shake to bump up the calories to around 700-800.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    have some almonds around for snacking
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    DaniKenmir I know exactly what you mean!! Lately I can't seem to eat 1200 calories, I am too full! I'll be interested to see some of the responses, I'm sure you will get lots of great advice.

Thanks for posting!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm also finding it hard to make up my calories some days, and I never eat my exercise calories.

Yesterday i'd had about 900 calories all day, and burned off about 750, so i had some natural low fat yoghurt and spoonful of peanut butter to try to increase them a bit!
  • DaniKenmir
    Options
    Awesome thanks guys, I'm going to have some more tuna ha ha, and some peanut butter, because lets face it it's the best!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I only eat some of the exercise calories if I am hungy and did not have a problem reaching my goal nor maintaining now. I've never had trouble achieving my calories eating a variety of veggies/fruits/meat/whole grains with additions of greek yogurt, nuts, avacado, peanutbutter or on occasion icecream!
  • ahlani
    ahlani Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Ok these sound like great ideas. I haven't had peanut butter in ages and used to love the natural style right off the spoon.

Next week's grocery run I think I will start adding in these ideas too, thank you! (except 2oz cheese, it hates me)
  • mkken
    mkken Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dani, You don't want to eat back your exercise calories. The exercise will give you a greater calorie deficit and that's what you want. By the way, you need to eat breakfast!!!!!
  • Nikkers25
    Nikkers25 Posts: 7
    Options
    Protein Shake & Almond Milk - stick with the purest protein (high protein, low carb) like MusclePharm or HydroWhey. I usually just slam mine and get on with my day.
  • DaniKenmir
    Options
    Yeah I jsut went shopping with Chris, we got a bunch of fruit and yoghurt for brekky =)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pita with hummus, cucumber, avocado, spinach and feta cheese - approx 250 cals
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Hi Dani, You don't want to eat back your exercise calories. The exercise will give you a greater calorie deficit and that's what you want. By the way, you need to eat breakfast!!!!!

Please don't listen to this advice.
  • dkpk1965
    dkpk1965 Posts: 17
    Options
    i try not to replace those calories. if i am hungry then i would grab something. listen to what your body is telling you.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat your exercise calories not to worry. Eat healthy for most of the rest of the time. Stay as close to your 1200 as possible. I wouldn't add a lot of any one food group. Spread it out. If you're hungry eat. I'd say no to the juice. Google that one, there are lots of reasons.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand this problem. How do you get overweight to begin with if you are stuffed and unable to eat anymore than 1200 calories a day? I am not being snotty, I sincerely am confused by this.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Both statements are totally wrong.

You don't want a huge caloric deficit. This can cause your body to think it needs to conserve and weight loss can actually slow down.

You do not need to eat breakfast. This old myth will probably never die but the science proving it wrong is easily available, Check out "eat stop eat" and "leangains" .
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand this problem. How do you get overweight to begin with if you are stuffed and unable to eat anymore than 1200 calories a day? I am not being snotty, I sincerely am confused by this.

I have to agree with this sentiment, These "oh gosh I can't eat 1200 calories" bug the shiz out of me...Its obviously true that you needed to eat a lot more than that to get to where you are, and yay you for making healthier lower cal choices now, but seriously, 1200 is not hard to meet with a balanced diet, its 4x300 calorie meals, or 6x200 cal meals, or best 3x300 cal meals + 2x150/3x100cal snacks, plan it out.

I eat 1000 by end of lunch, its easy peasy, good fats, nuts, yoghurt, milk, eggs, fruit.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Well this is rude.

I, too, have struggled to meet my calorie goal multiple times.

A lot of people gain weight because of what they eat, not necessarily the amount. Such as, I can eat an entire bag of chips if I want, and that'll be nearly 1000 calories. I don't do that, but I could if I wanted to. However, when you make healthier choices, especially when it comes to vegetables, you're eating far more with way less calories. I, as an example, love asparagus, and 100grams of asparagus is still only around 30cals.

So when I eat asparagus, I'm eating around 200g, which is about 60cals, and I'm full. Whereas if I ate 200g of my favourite chips, I would max out my cals for the day in one go. So. that's how people get fat. Wrong choices and all.