Your silly gym behavior

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
The things you do and you hope nobody is watching.....

I SING and kind of DANCE and WIGGLE on the elliptical. And hand gestures to songs.

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Oh totally. I get lost in my music and get down. Im almost always drumming on the handles too.
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    I look irrationally angry when I'm on the treadmill.

Also, when my best friend and I go to Zumba together we flail around like idiots and turn everything into club dancing. :)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I so get into my music when I am at the gym, I will catch myself singing out loud when I am walking on the treadmill. lol Yea I've gotten quite a few looks when I have done that too. I just smile and go back to my walking lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i give the weights an angry look. trying to intimidate them.
  • pigeonhugger
    pigeonhugger Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i give the weights an angry look. trying to intimidate them.

LOVE THIS.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I usually run the warm up and cool down portions of our Aussie Rules football trainings, and I make the girls "shake the sillies out" as we do our cool down lap. It's really just a way to target tense muscles at the end of a serious training but it's hilarious and we've come up with some ridiculously awesome new dance moves.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I talk to myself
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I'm trying to finish out my last mile and I'm getting tired, I tend to say "C'mon Tiff!!!!!" over and over, and the more tired I am, the louder I tend to be. I'm sure the neighbors get a kick out of it.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I jog outside on a busy main street. Cars are one right after another for my entire jog. And sometimes I'll realize that I'm jogging and smiling really big (looking like an idiot) because the song I'm listening to makes me feel totally empowered! haha. Oh to be able to watch myself sometimes! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I talk to myself

ugh, i do this all the time, not even at the gym. every where. one time my dad called me out on it. i told him "around here, if i want to have an intelligent conversation, i must speak to myself."
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    When I hit a PR, I announce it. Often with some combination of "that's right ", " yeah baby ", fist pump and or happy dance/wiggle. Doesn't matter who or how many others are in the gym.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I mutter to myself under my breath a lot, normally when I have to wait to use a piece of equipment. I also found myself singing along with my i-pod today.
  • only1tcb
    only1tcb Posts: 23
    Options
    If no one is around I sing out loud. This morning I had a great time working out and singing all my favorite Beyonce songs. If people are around I just mouth the words. I'm sure I look crazy, but who cares.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I lip sync to my music and tend to dance around during "rest" periods between sets. Music also makes me break out in goofy smiles. :blushing:
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I do this really weird *kitten* shake kind of thing when I am getting under the bar to squat. I dance, sing &have fun!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My plates must match...If I have a flat 10 lb. plate on one side I absolutely can not have the other side be a 10 lb-er that has the little holes in it.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My plates must match...If I have a flat 10 lb. plate on one side I absolutely can not have the other side be a 10 lb-er that has the little holes in it.

that would make me anal! thank god we have all the same kind of plates at my gym.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I stare at a random point on the floor or wall in between sets...like totally lost in thought or something. People give me **** for it regularly.

I wear a long sleeve shirt every single leg day because I dont like the look of my un-pumped upper body in the mirrors...it's demotivating . /shrug
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I did an air guitar solo while I was running on the treadmill listening to November Rain by GNR. It was early and I thought I was the only one in the place. Couple of ladies using the ellipticals behind me got a good show!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    For some reason whenever I do any hard work out like lifting weights my face gives this really crazy expression like I'm in a lot of pain when I'm really not. I have no way of stopping myself from doing it. People have come up to me and asked me if I was okay LOL.