I am checking it out thanks!!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    That Equalizer looks ace! Might have to take a trip to B&Q this weekend.

I would also point out that for those that don't have equipment, they always give you alternatives to do instead.

Also, where I am not able to do the exercise in a particular workout (whether it's coz I don'y have the equipment or I just can't do the move I will replace it with something similar from one of the other workouts). I really think the key is being prepared before you start the workouts.

Also, I recently purchased the Iron Gym by JML and it is AWESOME for hanging knee raises/ chin ups etc. I do hanging knee raises as a replacement for moves using the Equalizer (although thanks to the post above ^^^ I now want to build a homemade Equalizer!).

Thanks again sarahkatara :-D

You're very welcome!

I will second your advice on modifications. If I can't do something or don't have equipment, there are alternatives. You can always use things like chairs or couches to elevate certain moves or for tricep dips for example.

I've gotten very familiar with the moves but i still watch the entire tutorial to ensure i have perfect form. I'm paranoid about injuries! Modify as you need. If you can't do "real" push-ups, get on your knees and put all the effort onto your arms and shoulders. Can't do jumps yet? just make the move as deliberate as possible and concentrate on engaging your muscles. You can be successful and see results by respecting your body's limits but also pushing yourself appropriately. Starting slow is 100% ok.

I also have a pull up/push up bar and substitute hanging knee raises for other moves using the equalizer. they are KILLER! i love them! The pull up bar is pretty inexpensive. you can get one at walmart for $20.

I'll probably be rebuilding my equalizer to be stronger but i'm excited to use this one in the meantime!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Here are the instructions I followed for my equalizer. They are easy!

http://www.lovingfit.com/fitness/fitness-equipment-on-a-budget/

I used 3/4 inch PVC pipe to build mine. While it seems it will hold up for certain moves, it is nowhere near sturdy enough for things like dips. I recommend using at least 1 inch pipe or slightly larger. Make sure to carefully measure and cut all of your pieces beforehand and watch the entire video before starting. Also, if you have NO clue what the materials below are or where to find them, go to the plumbing dept of your local hardware store and ask for help. that's how i figured out where everything was and what i needed!

You will need:

(8), 1' (12 inch) sections
    (4), 6 inch sections
    (4), 20.5 inch sections
    (4), 30 inch sections (I would personally make these a bit shorter, which i will be doing next time i build it. The whole thing is pretty wide for its use. Maybe try cutting it down to about 25-27 inches? Just make sure they're all the same length!)
    (4), end caps
    (8), tee sections
    (4), 90 degree elbows
    PVC glue/cement
    PVC pipe cutters (I got some for $10 and they are very easy to use and does not require crazy strength to use them)
    Spray paint if you want to make it pretty :)
  • Maggies90
    Maggies90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU bump:wink:
  • riportner
    riportner Posts: 1
    Options
    Did you know she is on youtube...look up Zuzana Light/ZWOW. She is still rocking!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking. Thank you!!! <3
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump... wow havent seen this.. i don't usually do workout video's but with these changing I think i might like them .
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!
  • PreludetoaKiss
    PreludetoaKiss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!!

I was just looking at the app for this yesterday and got too overwhelmed with all the info being thrown at me. I will definitely be putting this to use. *hugs*
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    bump - thanks
  • asalikin
    asalikin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I noticed a lot of people interested in BodyRock (bodyrock.tv) who get discouraged by their sometimes hard-to-navigate website. I created this document to take the guesswork out of it. It includes a calendar that you can personalize, descriptions and links to a 30-day challenge, and information on the equipment and some alternative options to each one. The suggestions are all from what I have learned so far in my few months of BodyRocking and what has worked for me. I have lost fat and increased my lean muscle mass. I can see more definition and areas of my body that I forgot about working are all telling me they feel the workouts!

The 30-day challenge I've used here is the "May" challenge from the BR website. Use it for whatever month you'd like. You don't need equipment and these routines are between 12-30 minutes each. There are not a whole lot of excuses to be found for NOT doing a BodyRock!

Here's the link. If there is anything you might add or improve, let me know. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is appreciated, all others is ignored. :flowerforyou: I hope you all enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz4JD-fVgThfbEx6dC0xWmFJOHM

Thank you so much for creating this google doc for us!! I have been trying to track down and book mark the links ahead of time for the challenge, so I don't get discouraged, or make an excuse to miss a work out one day because I can't find it. your document is great!!!

Also, love your equalizer! My boyfriend does a bunch of automotive customization, and I sent him a pic of the equalizer, to see if he could build me one with his pipebender & welder, and he was like 'why wouldn't we just use plumbing connectors??' this is beautiful! I wouldn't have thought PVC would be strong enough, good to see someone else has tested the theory first! Thanks!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Bumping this for later.
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rklewis1217
    Options
    AND, I found this a while ago from someone else...here is an AMAZING googledoc with 214 BodyRock workouts. A lot of them are Zuzana's old ones. Some need equipment, you can sort them by bodyweight only, how long they are, and what type of workout it is...this document is AMAZING. Enjoy it everyone!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AnuyvdBfX7dIdERnMVVrWXFUZkE0akk4MnU2akVtS2c&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    AND, I found this a while ago from someone else...here is an AMAZING googledoc with 214 BodyRock workouts. A lot of them are Zuzana's old ones. Some need equipment, you can sort them by bodyweight only, how long they are, and what type of workout it is...this document is AMAZING. Enjoy it everyone!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AnuyvdBfX7dIdERnMVVrWXFUZkE0akk4MnU2akVtS2c&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0

WOW!!! Thanks! I've been printing them out day by day - this will be a lot easier!
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump