Protein Shakes Uurgghh

Options
2»

Replies

• jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You could try adding to oats, and making an overnight oatmeal breakfast, you add a scoop of oatnmeal, a scoop of fat free greek yoghurt, and i then add protein powder mixed with water. You add the flavouring you want, such as fresh fruit, or fat reduced cocoa powder and a teaspoon of peanut butter (add sweetner as cocoa is very bitter) You leave it in the fridge overnight, so it makes a quick and easy breakfast
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just made my first protein smoothie using the yoplait chocolate banana smoothie mix and 2% milk with whey protein... I can still taste the whey protein and it tastes kinda weird. I'm gonna have to experiment more.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments some great advice:happy:
  • Rachel089
    Rachel089 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've seen this mentioned a few times, but I too cannot stomach vanilla. I have three flavors of protein powder sitting in the pantry presently (aliiteration. woah.). Optimum: Extreme Milk Chocolate, Blueberries & Cream (casein protein) and Vanilla Ice Cream. From most favorite-->Least favorite, read the list in that order haha. The milk chocolate is SO GOOD, like...amazing. You could blind fold me and I would think I was drinking some new promotional item from McD's or something. The blueberries and cream is good as well, a little synthetic tasting but refreshing. And while there isn't anything horribly wrong with the vanilla ice cream, it just tastes...interesting. I think it would definitely be better with some blueberries or strawberries ground up with it. I have found that adding splenda to my shakes makes them taste a lot more yummy! I'm going to finish off this vanilla ice cream tub and then hunt for a banana flavored shake, I've heard good things about fruit-flavors!

EDIT:

I also mix my protein shakes in unsweetened almond milk! Only 40 calories for a cup, the only thing you have to watch is your fat macros (which we all need fat!). It definitely makes it taste better than just water.