What do you think about when you are exercising??!!

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking "HOW many more reps!?!?" and focusing on not dying.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I really don't think about anything when working out. I concentrate on my breathing and posture and get lost in my music/netflix.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Since I've started doing Tapout XT, I'm usually thinking "I swear, if Mike Karpenko tells me to do one more push-up, I'm going to kick his *kitten*!".
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    stream of consciousness...sooner or later everything crosses my mind! I have to remind myself to stay focused if I'm counting reps or need to pay attention to form, and it's a struggle!
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think about when it's going to be over, lol.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Depends what is bugging me that day!

^^^yup!

this and how much better i am then everyone else. when i get cocky i'm awesome.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I wonder what my MFP friends think about when they are exercising. Seriously. LOL

My last race I wanted to get hit by a car so i could stop running.

Other than that, I hear my MFP peeps cheering me on. And my brother 'cause he's good like that.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Running: how many miles did i run and what is my time? o, i think i see the finish line!!! (I always envision the finish line when training for a 5k).

Circuit training: how many more?

Dancing: i know i look ridiculous, but i will be smoking hot one day!!!!

Walking: hey everybody watch my butt shake!!!!!!!

I know, seems silly right? when i exercise (trust me, i do more, but these are the main ones), it clears my mind of all the negative crap and helps my depression go away.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I remind myself to push myself. It's no use if you don't push, push, push yourself.

Also, I look at all the thin girls who work at the gym and I think of how awesome it'll be when I finally look like that.
    Then I pick my favorite one, the one with the nicest body, and focus on her, and think of how I'm working to look just like that. And every step/rep/whatever is just getting me closer to looking like one of those fit girls.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I thnk about many things: What im doing, telling myself to NOT thnk about how many calories im burning, gotta keep moving, i can this, i can do this, THIS WILL BE A LIIIIFFEESSTTYYLLE CHNAGE!! =)
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    Sometimes I think about when it's going to be over.

Sometimes, at the gym, I'll zone out and watch the televisions.

Sometimes I'll ignore the tvs and focus on the music.

Then if/when I feel like quitting, I try to think about why I'm doing this.
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My husband and I walk together and we talk to each other. Probably the only thing that keeps me going.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    How much of an idiot I probably look.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing cardio or something else that's very repetitive and natural my mind just wanders. If I need to push through a difficult part I'm usually thinking about my kids, illness, or looking good :). Seems cheesy, but whatever.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I remind myself to push myself. It's no use if you don't push, push, push yourself.

Also, I look at all the thin girls who work at the gym and I think of how awesome it'll be when I finally look like that.
    Then I pick my favorite one, the one with the nicest body, and focus on her, and think of how I'm working to look just like that. And every step/rep/whatever is just getting me closer to looking like one of those fit girls.

i do this too...but i usually get angry about it. lol. but when i get angry i ususally go faster/lift heavier/go harder.
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    think about how much it sucks!!!
    but then how i will look after all is done. motivation to keep going-suck it up the pain is temporary.

when thats outta my head, i think about the rest of the days crap...what to put on the grocery list, what chores need to be done when i get home,my daughters karate schedule, i need to pay this bill/that bill, work relate BS...

i think i need to calm my *kitten* down and do some yoga lol
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think about kicking someone in the face that I can't stand, how I am going to look so much better than them when I get to my goal.......and I think about how Christian Grey would be so proud of me for exercising more than 4 days a week and eating properly :tongue:
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If I'm not counting reps, or focusing on my form, then I'm trying to motivate myself. It's usually along the lines of, "I don't want to do this. Why am I doing this? I don't want to do this." Which moves into, "I can do this! Come on, just a few more! I'll feel so much better when this is over!" and so on. Weird I know, but it keeps me going.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The sweat dripping off my face, my heart racing, and how long until the next burst of effort is needed. (I do HIIT cardio and weights).
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one, I don't think about anything I just listen to my metal jams on my I pod. my co worker said how do you exercise to that? I said when disturbed or jackyl or one of my favorite songs are on that is when I do my best.

^^ This! Gotta have my music and loud....but before the stereo was put in the exercise room (aka laundry room lol) I would think "just keep swimmin just keep swimmin..." :tongue: