does 1.200 really works?

Options
hello beautiful people .. i have been here for less than 10 days and b4 iam here i was on a 900 calorie diet! and when i joined MPF gave me 1.200 calories to eat! at the first week i lost about 2 kg and then my weight stoppped it is now stuck at 65kgs my question is ! whatd do i do? shall i increase till i get to 1.200? or what :( i feel lost :D any tips will b highly appreciated :blushing: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I read when you hit a plateau you should change your exercise routine. let me know if that helps!
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    :noway: bumppppppppppppp
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    am doing running and jogging? any suggestions hun?
  • tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try elliptical, or get a dvd you can work out to.... also have you done any resistance?
  • mad14vic
    mad14vic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'd suggest adding in something, for instance when i started losing weight all i was doing was running (okay lets be honest, jogging.... extremely slowly) when i hit my plateau i started swimming and added in strength training and got over it.
    moral of the story is: try adding something different.(i.e. if you're a runner/walker try swimming or biking). hope this helped. feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    If your weight is stuck while eating 1.2K calories try upping it and try 1.4-1.5K for about 1-2 weeks. If you gain cut it down to 1.3. And changing your routine can help destroy plateaus.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    try eating more(than 1200) all the people that lost large amounts did it that way read thru the sucsess storys section
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If your weight is stuck while eating 1.2K calories try upping it and try 1.4-1.5K for about 1-2 weeks. If you gain cut it down to 1.3. And changing your routine can help destroy plateaus.

This.

You might not be getting enough calories and your body's trying to hold on to all the fuel it can.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    when i first started MFP at 224 pounds i ate around 2000 calories. i lost about 30 pounds and stalled for a bit. now i've dropped to 1750 calories which should see me through to the next 30 pounds when i'll stall again since i'll be near my goal weight.

there's no way i'd be able to eat 1200 calories a day and not want to stab someone and i definitely wouldnt be able to get through my workouts and recover quick enough to work out again.

so my point is why eat so little if you dont have to?
  • chrissyn_2005
    chrissyn_2005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    900 is pretty minimal. I have done that before and yes it works but who knows what you are loosing. Not usually fat. So like everyone said up your calories but exercise enough to burn it off. Variety is the key. Doing the same thing over and over gets your body used to it, your muscles need resistence. Try swimming for a week, dancing the next, maybe biking! Whatever yo ucan do to not only keep your body changing but keeping your mind engaged too. Enjoy how you work out!!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think experimenting to find your true net calorie goal for weight loss is the key. I have bounced from 1480 up to 1700 to 1900 and am now back down to 1200 net and I'm losing weight now. I decreased my strength training a little and increased my cardio by that amount and it seems to be working. I know that I will probably plateau at some point again before reaching my goal ( I have 37 lbs more to lose; I've lost 18 so far). If that happens, I plan to switch up my exercise type and duration again in about 4 more weeks to try to avoid the plateau.

Good luck. You will do well!!!
  • sambor2
    sambor2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 67 years old and i have been dieting for 50 years. In my experience none of those classical suggestions acturally work. In order to break the plateau you have to go down to 1000 calories. However you will put it back on. You have to be perfect for at least 6 months. No deviations from your plan. You can not goof else you will start over everytime. I hope that i don't sound negative. I have to tell the truth to help you..sambor2
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    when i first started MFP at 224 pounds i ate around 2000 calories. i lost about 30 pounds and stalled for a bit. now i've dropped to 1750 calories which should see me through to the next 30 pounds when i'll stall again since i'll be near my goal weight.

there's no way i'd be able to eat 1200 calories a day and not want to stab someone and i definitely wouldnt be able to get through my workouts and recover quick enough to work out again.

hehehehe loving it :D will try to eat more then and add something more to my excercise and see what happens! thanks my beloved ones mwaaaaaaaaaaah
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I am 67 years old and i have been dieting for 50 years. In my experience none of those classical suggestions acturally work. In order to break the plateau you have to go down to 1000 calories. However you will put it back on. You have to be perfect for at least 6 months. No deviations from your plan. You can not goof else you will start over everytime. I hope that i don't sound negative. I have to tell the truth to help you..sambor2

thank U sweetheart for those wise words! actually i have been on various diets and non of them work and when they do i just go back to gainning the weight right back!!!! you are right i will try and do as u said mwaaaaaah
  • jseger3
    jseger3 Posts: 9
    Options
    You might get better feedback if you made your food diary public. I have seen people on here whose diets, although within their calorie parameters, were so bad that their bodies had to be under immense stress from it. When stress goes up, your body burns carbs, not fat. This is useful in situations which are supposed to be stressful, like during a workout, or a race, but not during the course of your normal day.

Also, like some people have suggested, upping your food intake a little might be helpful, as under eating is another source of stress on your system.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

hehehehe loving it :D will try to eat more then and add something more to my excercise and see what happens! thanks my beloved ones mwaaaaaaaaaaah

keep track of your measurements as well. 1 month i only lost 3 pounds on the scale but lost a complete size in pants. i wont say the scale lies, but it doesnt give you the accurate story of what you are losing. keeping track of those measurements will help keep you motivated when you have times the scale doesnt budge
  • SarahSosi
    Options

keep track of your measurements as well. 1 month i only lost 3 pounds on the scale but lost a complete size in pants. i wont say the scale lies, but it doesnt give you the accurate story of what you are losing. keeping track of those measurements will help keep you motivated when you have times the scale doesnt budge

that is right! i will stay away from the scale for a while and just start keeping track of those measurments thanks hun! :heart:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I Don't ever hit 1200 even on a good day of eating I hit 900 on a lazy/soar day 600/700 my theory is we all got here by mindless eating.. I'm not gonna start a diet feel full off 3 meals a day only hit 900 or 600 then stuff my face with food even if it's healthy ... To me that's just teaching me mindless eating all over again . I dnt force myself my high is 1000 maybe 900 typically & every now and again 600. I eat healthy & I excercise 5-6 days a week.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I Don't ever hit 1200 even on a good day of eating I hit 900 on a lazy/soar day 600/700 my theory is we all got here by mindless eating.. I'm not gonna start a diet feel full off 3 meals a day only hit 900 or 600 then stuff my face with food even if it's healthy ... To me that's just teaching me mindless eating all over again . I dnt force myself my high is 1000 maybe 900 typically & every now and again 600. I eat healthy & I excercise 5-6 days a week.
    as if you are discribing what i go through during the day!!! my dear am just the same :noway: and now iam stuck with this weight don't know what to do with it!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I eat like 2400 calories a day, and don't gain weight doing so because I eat like 5-6 times a day. I also weight train and do cardio and it's really working! I've gained some great muscle and am not gaining fat hurray!
    My answer:Quality calories and Strength Training!