Do you track EVERYDAY?

Replies

• VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    For me it's all about accountability. If I'm not accountable for what I put into my mouth, I likely might relax and that would be a very bad thing. If I want to avoid bariatric surgery, I need to make certain that I stay accountable first to myself and then to my doctors so YES, I chart every day.
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    a_stone_girl_dances Posts: 76 Member
    I track every day for the most part. When I have a cheat day, it's really hard to track as it will say something hilarious like "If you eat like this every day, you'll weigh (several pounds higher than my current weight)" But it reminds me to stay on track. I just re-joined the site, so my current status looks a bit off.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    I think it is especially important when you have just a little to lose, but probably good for everyone. For me, I can now see it is VERY important. I can blow a whole week of being good in one day much easier than I would have guessed. I have learned a lot about my own eating habits, both good and bad, by logging every single thing. Try the PiggyBank spreadsheet created by another MFPer. You should be able to find the link in the message boards. It really helped me in terms of trading off good/bad days and making sure I was on track weekly.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Every single day, even when I'm eating badly or having a drink. Phone app makes it too convenient to not log.

I've done the mental math on some days before I started getting healthy. There were some days sitting at the bar watching football all Sunday long, drinking and eating crap for 6+ hours, and I could easily be 4000+ calories into the day before dinner. One day could undo everything I worked for during the week. I won't let that happen.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I track every day. If I am out I use the app on my iPhone. I don't care that others see that I am taking the time to find the approprieate calories and food.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    I track everyday on my iPad and iPhone.
  • corky26
    corky26 Posts: 7
    I definitely track every day, every meal. I now use the mobile app which makes it even easier. I can even scan a bar code for the food item from my frig or pantry and it provides the info. If it passes my lips it gets logged.
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    I track EVERY day, I like to be responsible for what I eat - even if it's bad news!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    I track ery day.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Yes!!!!!!
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    I track everyday. If I don't know the cals, I look up average cals for it, and rpund it out. But on occasion, I have stopped tracking due to being unable to figure out cals.
  • RaquelLynnPalomino
    RaquelLynnPalomino Posts: 4 Member
    I like a day a week of not having to track, while being mindful is the key, and in my case I am losing at least a pound a week.
  • Bxwarren13
    Bxwarren13 Posts: 19 Member
    Nope. But I don't call the days I don't "cheat" days either. I still eat the same and work up a sweat at least once on the days I don't log outta habit. If I don't log it's because I hate feeling like I HAVE to do something. If I feel like I HAVE to I will hate it. So I just ignore it and it's fine. It's a mental game for me, mostly.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    I track everyday. That being said, I do allow myself "cheat meals" or occasionally "cheat days". For me that's usually grocery day because we live 90 miles from town and we usually eat dinner or breakfast out when we're there. I will often track everything but the meal out....I know I go over that day but it's worked out fine but I still track everything else.

The exception was the last month when I was traveling...it was too much of a hassle to worry about what others were cooking or what restaurant we were going to. I just made good choices and it worked out fine.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    I know for me it is important to track each and every day, every bite. lick and taste. Yes, is is hard to guess on things that are combinations of foods, but I just give it my best try and keep on trucking.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Every day. :)
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Everyday for the past 358 days. I use the app which makes it 100x easier to keep up. Since my cell is also my home phone Im never without it.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Track everyday.

Weigh in everyday.

No cheat meals.

No cheat days.

Me too. It works. And by weighing everyday, it gives me such a better understanding of how our weight goes up and down each day, but doesn't match what my head thinks it should be. Graphing it is a good view.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Every single day. I know for me that it would never be just one day that I miss. One day would turn into two and two into three and so on and so forth.
  • deaddawn
    deaddawn Posts: 42 Member
    I track almost everyday. I suppose once I reach my target I'll just track most days to make sure I'm not slipping.

1850347.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter