a question for the ladies (so embarrassing)

Options
2»

Replies

• sensualmess
    sensualmess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There are many factors that can make it late. So if you are really worried it would be better to go visit and speak to a doctor about it. :)
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    Yes, being physically active can effect your period...especially if you just started working out or increased your workouts. Mine was about a week+ late when I first started working out. It is still a little late starting sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you go the whole month without a period.
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    This
    Yes! Lots of things can mess with your TOM. Stress, Diet, Exercise. If you know 100% you can not be pregnant, then don't worry, it will come.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My friend left me when my body fat got too low ( I used to hit the gym 6 days a week)... I put some fat on and my bff came back....
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Change of diet, stress, change of activity - all that can play a role. I wouldn't worry too much over a week. There has been times (very rare) that I have skipped a month because of stress, etc. Now if you miss more than one month or if it becomes more of a frequent occurance or if you are experiencing pain, then contact your doctor. That would be only my suggestion from my experience as a 39 year old mom of 4. You look way younger than me - but this is from my overall experience, including when I was a younger lady. :wink:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yep :/ middle of august marks a year...been to the doc twice, no chance of pregnancy, and they wanted me to try BC. i refused BC cause of personal reasons, so i'm waiting for it to come back naturally. they suggested upping my cals, which i tried, and it still hasn't come.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Funny that is mine is the exact opposite, ever since I've been active, Emily comes right on time each month! No problems at all.
    THE END.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Change of diet, stress, change of activity - all that can play a role. I wouldn't worry too much over a week. There has been times (very rare) that I have skipped a month because of stress, etc. Now if you miss more than one month or if it becomes more of a frequent occurance or if you are experiencing pain, then contact your doctor. That would be only my suggestion from my experience as a 39 year old mom of 4. You look way younger than me - but this is from my overall experience, including when I was a younger lady. :wink:

This for sure, if you have any pains especially (not the usual period type of pains)

But if you are in any way concerned seek medical advice rather than rely on the internet :-)
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    They're right; nothing to be embarrassed about! My background is in biology and this may be an issue of your weight and/or % body fat. Athletic women have been known to have periods stop or become irregular based on these changes below a certain point (I think it's like 8-10% body fat, but don't quote me on that!). If these things are "normal" as far as you know, wait a little bit then contact your doctor. Stress may also be a culprit.... I assume you are a "younger" person, as I am having the same issues but due to menopause--thinking this isn't your problem either but thought I'd mention it! :)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    exercise and losing weight can cause changes. you should be alright, just keep a look out for her next month or at some weird random time!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My daughter was not having regular periods. She would miss several in a row. We went to see the doctor and it turned out her body fat was to low. You have to have a certain percentage of body fat for ovulation.
  • gamblerpl1
    gamblerpl1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I understand that changes in activity and stress can cause TOM to be late... and people are saying not to worry about it.. I agree.. a week late isn't a whole lot to be concerned about.. but when I was 34 my TOM was late and I wasn't to worried as I was transitioning from a divorce, a move, and being a single parent.. alot of stress. After six weeks I called my Dr to get a prescription to start TOM. He said he'd give it to me, but I need to come in for an exam first. I felt it was a waste of time and money, but went anyway. To make a long story short, I have cervial and uteran cancer. Never felt the first bit of pain and had no reason to suspect anything other than stress. So if it continues please consider seeing a Dr.; it could be anything.... stress, low body fat, or worse...
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    when I was in boot camp i never got my period..so I attribute it to being very active