Wii Fit, Fit Plus, etc for December

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of expert boxing this morning before my hubby claimed the TV for football. I have a dance video that I will probably try later. It was too much when I first bought it, so I am interested in seeing what I think of it now.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I did 3 rounds of expert boxing, 1 rhythm kung fu & 1 advanced step. Got my 315 cals in, but if I'm reading my HRM right it says I only burned 148 cals in 3,000 steps/movements. That seems REALLY off to me!
    Help?
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did 25 minutes Free Run with Wii Fit Plus.
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did 3 rounds of expert boxing, 1 rhythm kung fu & 1 advanced step. Got my 315 cals in, but if I'm reading my HRM right it says I only burned 148 cals in 3,000 steps/movements. That seems REALLY off to me!
    Help?

Is there a cutomer service number you can call for your HRM? I know that I burn way more calroies according to my HRM then the Wii Fit Plus says I burn.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I did get the wii fit plus for Christmas. have used it a couple of times. I still plan on going to water areobics 3 days a week, so this is to fit between and suppliment. (and as a back up for bad weather or whatever when I don't get to class).

So far, I'm exploring and trying most everything. I'm sure I'll settle into more of a routine as i continue to use it.

I am interested in being part of the January goal setting.

-katie
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Help?

Did you put all your information into your HRM, such as weight and height? And your HRM has a belt/band that you wear across your chest or is it more like a pedometer? Even without programing my HRM the first time, it read the calories burned being a lot more than what the Wii said. If that doesn't change anything, then you might want to call customer service as Judith said. Hope that helps.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Yes, everything's programmed in correctly. This one is a watch. You can see it here:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10719754

I'm getting frustrated with it, and almost ready to whine to hubby for a different one.

EDIT: If I do get a different one, I'd like to get one that is strapless and tells me my calories as I'm burning them. It would be nice if it were under $100. Any suggestions?
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    teetee1281... where do you find Bird's View on the Wii Fit Plus- I have not come across that one?

I am finally getting the hang of the boxing program- it is fun!
  • teetee1281
    Options
    teetee1281... where do you find Bird's View on the Wii Fit Plus- I have not come across that one?

I am finally getting the hang of the boxing program- it is fun!

I normally get to the Wii Fit plus games by going to the aerobics, then clicking the right arrow in the top right corner, that will bring you to all the new games. It is the second one down on the left, below the adding game. I believe the name is bird's view, it's a picture of a bird flying. You have to guide the bird to each bull's eye to gain time. You have to flap your arms and balance yourself on the board in order to move the bird.
    I' finally got the hang of the boxing too, but I am horrible at the rhythm kung foo, bad, bad, bad... for me. :tongue:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    The birds eye view is under Training Plus. Click the icon with the chicken. It should be on the left in the 2nd or 3rd row.

I am getting really fed up with this HRM, btw. Today is the 3rd day in a row it's completely reset itself. I had to put all my vitals in AGAIN and redo the time. This is ridiculous!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I know when I get on there it's going to ask me where I have been! I am going to get serious about it now even before the new year. I love doing the wii fit plus, I just need to figure out each day when it's the best for me to use it. I am not a morning person but that would probably be the best time while everyone else is alseep. I have trouble in the evenings when I am trying to cook dinner too.
  • jam0525
    Options
    We got the motion detectors plus for our Wii remotes for Christmas from my MIL. It really does help and I've broken two of my old records. I did the Island Lap, Advance Hula and a warm up from a dance video so far today.

I will probably get the Wii Fit Plus sometime this week depending on the snow storm we are suppose to get. It sounds like a lot of fun and a lot less annoying. lol

JAM
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Question- how are you recording calories burned, exercise time on MFP?
    are you trying to divide it up into different activities or lumping it?

-katie
  • jam0525
    Options
    Question- how are you recording calories burned, exercise time on MFP?
    are you trying to divide it up into different activities or lumping it?

-katie

I lump it into categories: yoga/strength, aerobics, jogging, and boxing. These groups are based on the calorie burns I got off of the Nietendo website when I first got my Wii. It also helps me keep the workout varied. This way I can look back and know what I actually did.

JAM
  • pinkhuntinggirl13
    Options
    I got a Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas/Birthday!!!! I love it and I've been doing it for two days! I love how it keeps track of your time and calories burned!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    katie, I log my WF+ workout under cardio as aerobics. The time is usually a little less than I do, but the calories are the same.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas...LOVE it!! I didn't realize there was a group for this. Good to see you on here Trish. Hope that HRM works for you soon. I wanted one, but at this stage in the weight-loss game I tend to just underestimate on calorie burn and overestimate calories, or leave about a 100 cal deficit just to ensure I will lose weight. I would love to know what the January challenge is. I am all in. So far been doing 2 hours/day on Wii Fit Plus and don't even feel too tired. Also doing my regular strength and cardio at 5 or 6 am. So I've really been burning cals. the last 3 days lol:laugh:

Just out of curiosity... should I be concerned? My 6 yo is also obsessed with the Wii Fit Plus, and waits anxiously for my "turn" to be over so he can "beat" my scores (picked up some things from Daddy obviously). So he's burning close to 500/day too!!! My little boy is on the VERY small side, only .5 to 1 lb away from being underweight. But how do I say "no, you can't exercise"!! On the plus side, he's definitely had a very big appetite. Ate 5 meals yesterday, and 4 already today. And he's chugging his milk and water. IDK, maybe just overworried mom here.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I'd say let him play! Limit his time though. A kid should only be getting 1,000 cals a day, and if he's burning half that... oooh boy! But an active kid is a healthy, happy kid. Just make sure you are replenishing that 500 cal deficit with healthy things (lots of fruit, veggies, protein, etc)

I am off to take the stupid HRM back & get a better one. It gave me an actual error message when I was putting the time & date in AGAIN (cuz it reset itself) and was freezing up, too.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas...LOVE it!! I didn't realize there was a group for this. Good to see you on here Trish. Hope that HRM works for you soon. I wanted one, but at this stage in the weight-loss game I tend to just underestimate on calorie burn and overestimate calories, or leave about a 100 cal deficit just to ensure I will lose weight. I would love to know what the January challenge is. I am all in. So far been doing 2 hours/day on Wii Fit Plus and don't even feel too tired. Also doing my regular strength and cardio at 5 or 6 am. So I've really been burning cals. the last 3 days lol:laugh:

Just out of curiosity... should I be concerned? My 6 yo is also obsessed with the Wii Fit Plus, and waits anxiously for my "turn" to be over so he can "beat" my scores (picked up some things from Daddy obviously). So he's burning close to 500/day too!!! My little boy is on the VERY small side, only .5 to 1 lb away from being underweight. But how do I say "no, you can't exercise"!! On the plus side, he's definitely had a very big appetite. Ate 5 meals yesterday, and 4 already today. And he's chugging his milk and water. IDK, maybe just overworried mom here.

My 9 year old is also loving the Wii fit and wants to play it over all other games. She can use the exercise though so I am glad we purchased it for Christmas.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I'd say let him play! Limit his time though. A kid should only be getting 1,000 cals a day, and if he's burning half that... oooh boy! But an active kid is a healthy, happy kid. Just make sure you are replenishing that 500 cal deficit with healthy things (lots of fruit, veggies, protein, etc)

I am off to take the stupid HRM back & get a better one. It gave me an actual error message when I was putting the time & date in AGAIN (cuz it reset itself) and was freezing up, too.

I looked at the link you provided a few posts back, a lot of people said that it reset itself. I had the Polar F6 loved it and it was small for a woman, but it got packed in my storage. So I recently brought the Timex Fitness one which is cheaper than the Polar. It still counts calories and even does a one min count down for your heart rate. Both of mine uses straps, but I have seen that some people have the MIO, which peaks my interest, but I don't think it would be necessary for me to have 3 perfectly working HRM.