Size 12 = 'x' amount of weight?

Options
I am currently a size 20, borderline 18, my goal dress size is to be a size 12, or below, however I don't know what range I have to be in interms of weight? Can anyone help?

Replies

• wndfrancis
    wndfrancis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. There is a very wide range. Especially since you haven't even specified a height.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Depends on your height, frame, shape, how muscular you are...

Also, it's not obvious from your profile where you are from. Different countries have different sizing systems. Eg. a 12 in the US would be bigger than a 12 in the UK.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", and about 150-160 is a size 12 for me. I'm also majorly pear shaped.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The more muscular you are, the smaller size you are at a particular weight. Muscle is denser than fat.

You can have two women who are the same dress size, but one of them weighs 30lb more than the other. And the one who weighs 30lb more would be healthier and look better, because muscle makes women look fit and toned, it also means stronger bones.

I'm personally aiming to be as heavy as I can at a goal dress size, rather than any particular weight. When it comes to bones and muscles, heavier = healthier. When it comes to body fat of course heavier = more of it = not so healthy. You have to balance out the two things. I'm aiming for stronger, heavier bones and muscles and body fat at the low end of the healthy range. I'm expecting my weight to be in the heavy end of BMI by the time I get there, but I'm less bothered about weight, more bothered about being strong, fit and having a low (but still in the healthy range) body fat percentage.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I swear it depends on height, weight, hip size, boob size, and anything else....sorry I could not be a woman but you can do it!!!!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and 164 and can get into some 10's but usually wear a 12. I could probably get into a 12 around 170.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. I'm 5'5" and hover in the 170-173 range and am pretty solidly a US size 12. Of course, some brands/stores range differently, but that's the size I always start with and generally tend to fit.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd say it depends on how tall you are and how you are built. I'm 5'9 with an athletic build (little difference between my waist and hips with full thighs) and I fit a 12.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Depends how tall you are and how muscular i suppose. I weigh 156lb at the moment and am a size 10 uk
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 160 pounds. I wear a US size 10 pants - sometimes an 8, depending on the cut. My dress size is pretty much a solid 10. I wear M or L shirts, again, depending on the cut.

As everyone else has said - it really depends on your body type. I am short, but have a medium/large frame and have a good amount of muscle.
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 180 atm. I wear a size 10/12 dress and I don't have many problems fitting into a size 12 jeans, especially if it is a "curvy" cut.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and just started fitting into a size 12, at 192. But I've always weighed more than I look too. My sister, who is 5'6" and 160-165, also wears a 12.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and the mid 150s put me in a 12.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am in a size 12. Height: 5'9", weight: 174 with an hour glass shape.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 162 pounds, I have a small waist and big hips. I have a few pairs of size 10 items, but mostly 12's. I have been wearing a 12 since I hit around 175ish.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Depends how tall you are and how muscular i suppose. I weigh 156lb at the moment and am a size 10 uk
    Im 5ft 6:smile:
  • slappymcgee
    Options
    That, to me, is almost impossible to answer. I wear a 10 and weight 168. Someone else might be a 10 at 150, and someone else at 200. Everyone's body carries weight so differently, and everyone has a different build.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", and about 150-160 is a size 12 for me. I'm also majorly pear shaped.

This. It depends on the cut and how you carry the weight though. I just picked up a pair of BDU pants in a size 14. I tried the 12 but they did that weird pulling thing across the tummy/crotch.

I'm a 12 when I'm in the 148 - 155 range. Anything above that is questionable.
    I'm a 10 when I'm 138, because I carry it in my hips and thighs.

If you're an apple and carry weight on the top half, you might be a smaller pant size at the same weight as someone who's a pear.
  • Pacificplayland
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and when I'm 160-170 lbs. I'm usually a size 12...

"Pear Shaped"