Cinnamon Apple *Detox* Spa Water!

Options
queenbeeq
queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
While browsing pinterest - pinaddict - one day I stumbled upon a pin that was described as a Detox Spa Water so I decided I'd give it a try!

Core two small apples, whichever kind you prefer, and slice them up and put them into a 2L jug with two cinnamon sticks. Fill the jug halfway with ice and then fill the rest with water. (I like to leave mine in the fridge over night so the flavor circulates longer).

To my surprise, it was delicious, it tastes a bit like apple pie but ZERO calories! (Unless you eat the apple from the bottom afterwards ;))

I've been drinking it the past week and I've felt a huge change in my body. Apple and Cinnamon are well known to heighten your metabolism.

For all you who are not a fan of drinking water, try this! It's a healthy, natural, sugar free way to add flavor to your water.

(I've also tried boiling the apple and cinnamon before putting it in my jug, it really releases the flavor more!)

Replies

• SKittleSticks
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I will try it. Sounds delicious.
  • vbmama2012
    vbmama2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Aside from feeling better, did you notice any difference weight-wise? I'm just curious, as I also stumbled across this Apple Cinnamon Spa Water recipe!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I may have to try it after vacation...
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am going to try this for sure. :flowerforyou:
  • queenbeeq
    Options
    My weight was up and down 5 pounds before last week, as soon as I started drinking the water my weight has been steady and decreased, in healthy increments!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this!
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    interesting....thinking about this.
  • queenbeeq
    Options
    I've also tried mint leaves, raspberries and blueberries! Not as delicious, in my opinion, but still a healthier, natural flavor substitution :)
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oooh that sounds good! I've tried cucumber to flavor my water but wasn't feeling it. This sounds awesome! Love apples and cinnamon-thanks for posting!
  • diamond_roses
    Options
    sounds awesome, bump! :)
  • eaglemama70
    Options
    My daughter and I have been drinkig it. I like and recommend!
  • asystolern
    asystolern Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I wanted to try that but wasn't sure if it actually worked! Thanks!! Sincerely, another pinterest addict :)
  • queenbeeq
    Options
    If anyone is looking for some healthy food & drink options or just some weight loss tips and motivation, feel free to follow my boards on pinterest! It's what keeps me going :) I've got some amazing low cal recipes I found on there too!

http://pinterest.com/lilbeeq/
  • shercoup
    shercoup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have seen the skinny water recipe with cucumbers in it but just could not bring myself to drink cucumber water :noway:
    I rather eat them. :happy:

I love apples and cinnamon and cinnamon has many health benefits like lowering blood pressure among other things. I am making this tomorrow thank you for sharing.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This sounds terrific. Since I just ate the last apple I had in the house, I'll be heading to the grocery tomorrow so I can try it.
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Kattcooper
    Kattcooper Posts: 21
    Options
    I'll have to try it.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    The flavor sounds great, but if you're leaving the apples in the water, does it get chunky and slimy (as if you'd added applesauce to it?)
    How often do you drink this? (wondering how long it would keep)