Youre kidding right.....???
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    wow, I aspire to look like that!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I admire her dedication and hard work, but I'm really scared of having a body like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/nononoon.png/

Right now I do the 30 day shred and run about a mile a day. If I need a little break from the shred (even though you're not supposed to stop) I do pilates for about half an hour instead. I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day. I want to lose weight and tone but I'm afraid I'll bulk up like this girl.

Keep doing what your doing, and you will have zero to worry about.

Haha, this!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    :huh: You honestly HONESTLY think 30 DS is gonna make you look like that

Youre kidding right.....???

I wish it was that easy. :) Id get all of Jillian's Videos
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    OP: Does Jillian Michael's look like that? You can trust that she probably does more challenging routines than 30DS to keep her bod in shape... if you do Ripped in 30, you will hear Shelly (one of her best girls) who looks smaller, but similar to that picture complain she's not being challenged. So yeah.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i avoid cardio, eat around 1600-1900 calories a day and lift as heavy as i possibly can, been doing it for 2 years and i am no where near that.

that is extremely heavy lifting, eating perfectly, supplementing, and dedication.

i wish it was that easy, that girl has a rockin' body.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I admire her dedication and hard work, but I'm really scared of having a body like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/nononoon.png/

Right now I do the 30 day shred and run about a mile a day. If I need a little break from the shred (even though you're not supposed to stop) I do pilates for about half an hour instead. I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day. I want to lose weight and tone but I'm afraid I'll bulk up like this girl.
    You would have to lift heavy and eat more calories. You're not going in that direction. No worries.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    kFuuB.gif
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    If your eating 1400 calories then there is no way you would even 'bulk' at all. Muscle doesn't grow from a deficit. The only muscle you will see is what you already have that is just covered by fat. Unless her body is your goal and your working towards that, trust me, your not going to end up like that. That takes a lot of hard work and control.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Alright kids, no need to be rude. I'm not a freaking professional, I just started a lifestyle change so I don't have any clue about fitness, eating etc. SORRY... and of course I know I won't look exactly like that, I was just asking about the muscle bulking up part.

Thank you very much for those who weren't complete *ssholes for no reason, and gave me a straight answer.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Squats, Squats, and more Squats to EARN those legs.

Keep doing the shred for that lean tones look. No worries about looking like that unless you want to start eating big and lifiting big, it is a whol other lifestyle change. good luck with the shred.
  • missworld95
    Options
    Thanks!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Alright kids, no need to be rude. I'm not a freaking professional, I just started a lifestyle change so I don't have any clue about fitness, eating etc. SORRY... and of course I know I won't look exactly like that, I was just asking about the muscle bulking up part.

Thank you very much for those who weren't complete *ssholes for no reason, and gave me a straight answer.

You don't have to be a professional -- everyone has to start someplace. You just happened to pick an image of a body type people work YEARS to achieve through immense amounts of work. And for a lot of people around here, that is their goal -- so without realizing it you kind of insulted bunch of people by saying their goal was something to fear for its looks and something that just happens without effort.

I understand your fear. I want to have a leaner body, but one that is still soft -- toned but not lots of muscle. Like people said, you're doing the correct workouts for that goal. If you're just starting out researching workouts and nutrition will be super helpful so you can focus your energies on how to achieve your goals.
  • missworld95
    Options

You don't have to be a professional -- everyone has to start someplace. You just happened to pick an image of a body type people work YEARS to achieve through immense amounts of work. And for a lot of people around here, that is their goal -- so without realizing it you kind of insulted bunch of people by saying their goal was something to fear for its looks and something that just happens without effort.

I understand your fear. I want to have a leaner body, but one that is still soft -- toned but not lots of muscle. Like people said, you're doing the correct workouts for that goal. If you're just starting out researching workouts and nutrition will be super helpful so you can focus your energies on how to achieve your goals.

I really didn't mean to offend. Like I said, I admire her for her dedication, I just have her leg shape, so I gain and lose weight mainly in my thighs. I'm just trying to make sure I won't gain a lot of muscle in that area because it's not my goal. But really, thanks for the explanation :smile:
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You can avoid this by doing exactly what you are doing.

LMAO!