Curious about 40/30/30 Diets...

Options
13»

Replies

• gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into a paleo or primal eating plan? I understand many people with Hashimoto's have responded very well to it. It would be classified as somewhat lower carb, but grains and legumes are not allowed.
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into a paleo or primal eating plan? I understand many people with Hashimoto's have responded very well to it. It would be classified as somewhat lower carb, but grains and legumes are not allowed.

I have never heard of this. I will definitely look into it. My antibodies have gone from well over 3,000 to a little over 300 in the last 5 years. I am much better than I was at the onset of the disease. But I still have little ups and downs, and I have always wondered how much food affects the way I feel on a daily basis. Thanks for the info.
  • matthewkblair
    Options
    This is okay, but honestly a health carb diet is just as fine.

I personally recommend 50/30/20 diets.

Broccoli, celery, spinach and other wonderfully healthy vegetables are carbs and are not exactly making anyone pack on the pounds.

If you choose twinkies and high sodium snack foods for your cards, then that is bad lol.

If you have a thyroid condition, be careful with with broccoli, spinach, and other vegetables that come from kale. Kale can increase the severity of many thyroid conditions. Best thing to do is consult your doctor, obviously.