Gym Pricing

Options
So..we don't have many options here for gyms. There is one literally 2 minutes away from my house though so I could walk and go there everyday. The only problem? It's $55 per month and that seems kind of steep.

Replies

• chgn4me
    chgn4me Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym walking distance from my house and I pay $83.. I know it is steep but I can walk there and they have great amentities. So our $55 doesn't seem so bad. LOL
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is very high. I pay 20 a month and it is a 2 min drive for me with full amenities and childcare included.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of 2 gyms and pay about $60 a month for me and my son at both (combined). 1 gives an employer discount which makes a huge difference.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I pay $25.
  • mandydanyele
    mandydanyele Posts: 121
    Options
    I go to the gym walking distance from my house and I pay $83.. I know it is steep but I can walk there and they have great amentities. So our $55 doesn't seem so bad. LOL

Well, they are offering a 7 day trail membership for free but I'm not sure if there is any catch. Plus having to hook up a gym to my checking account makes me nervous as heck.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    That is very high. I pay 20 a month and it is a 2 min drive for me with full amenities and childcare included.

Child care included? What sorcery is this!?
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I pay $20, no childcare, no classes.
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Depends how often you go. Go 10 times over a month, 5.50 a time, go twice, its 27.50.
    Would you go more often to that one than say a cheaper gym you'd have to drive to? Don't forget to factor in the cost of petrol too.

I pay £15 which is about $23 atm according to google, but its a very basic gym. I could have paid more for a better one with a pool (which I would use a lot) but I'd go less often because its a half hour walk away
  • nunep
    nunep Posts: 21
    Options
    I pay $74 a month, but the fee includes 2 hours of day care for my 2 kiddos.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I pay right around that too (YMCA - pool/splash pad, unlimited group classes, childcare included).

The no-frills gyms around here range from $10/month (Planet Fitness) to $30/40 (Anytime, 24 Hr Fitness, etc) - but don't include classes, childcare, or pools usually.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    well....my husband and i pay $165 a month...plus I used ti pay another $55 for a Muay Thai gym i used to go to
  • mandydanyele
    mandydanyele Posts: 121
    Options
    Depends how often you go. Go 10 times over a month, 5.50 a time, go twice, its 27.50.
    Would you go more often to that one than say a cheaper gym you'd have to drive to? Don't forget to factor in the cost of petrol too

True..
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I pay 9.99/per month. No childcare, but they have a bunch of classes included in the price. Also lockers/showers, hydro massage, and even tanning though that is available if you go up a pay level which would be 19.99.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where you live. I am from KY, and the hubs and I used to pay $35 for a couples membership. Now we live in the Philly suburbs, and you can't find anything less than $50 for an individual membership - and that is for the crap-tastic gym. Planet Fitness is the exception, but they don't have any freeweights or a pool.
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I pay $25 per month. 15 min drive from home.
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    My gym costs $65/month for one person and that is WITH a discount through work. Otherwise it would be about $125/month. It is pretty cool though; it has classes included, a climbing wall, an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, and overall VERY nice facilities. It's also close to where I live--unfortunately in the city, this kind of pricing is pretty typical. I have friends who pay about the same for just a basic gym with cardio equipment and weights.
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    I pay $17.95 a month (after my health insurance kicks in $20, if I go 12 times a month.. which I always make sure to do for the discount). It's a no frills gym... no classes,childcare. But it's less than a mile from my house and very inexpensive. Also I go during my lunch hour and I'm usually the only one there. Good for machines and free weights, but that is about all
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I Pay $38.00 Per month
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Child care included? What sorcery is this!?

LOL I go to blast fitness
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We pay $68 for me, my husband, daughter and granddaughter :) The YMCA is awesome!!! Tons of classes, equipment, pool, daycare :), and even trainers that help out when you need it. It's based on income so it may be more or less for some people... but, I think it's totally worth it!!!