how do you invite a girl to a movie but not as a date?

2»

Replies

• VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    How about " Would you be willing to go to a movie with me, not as a date but as my friend?" What's so hard about that?
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Just ask her.
    I think us men over think things sometimes.
    Yeah you do. If someone said "I'm going to see ____, do you want to go?" I wouldn't think it was a date. If someone said "Do you want to go see a movie sometime?" I would think he was asking me out.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Keeping it up front and real with the girl.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Bring friends OR just tell her. Say "I'm just interested in being friends, I'd just like to hang out with you, but that's all, nothing more than friendship" well something along the lines of that :p She may be more comfortable then!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Just try "youre a lot of fun. I think we'd make great friends. Want to go do x,y,z later this week?"
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Say something like, "Hey we have a lot in common. We should be friends. Wanna catch a movie on Saturday with me?"

I have to admit that I always had the opposite problem when I was single. Guys that were in my social circle would ask me to do something and I'd assume it was just as friends... not thinking they would want to date me. It does make for a weird vibe if you're not on the same page.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    I guess the bottom line is you don't ask her up to see your etchings. Or as previously stated, put her hand on your penis. This also rules out putting your penis through the hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket.

I think Juliecat1 worded it well.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    'hey do you want to go see that new movie? just as friends, not a date!'

pretty simple.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Yo I got an extra movie ticket... wanna check this **** out with me? Pffft no its not a date... you dumb?

lol

Just be straight up honest is all.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    "Wanna go see a movie? Not a date or anything, just as friends?"
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Bring some other friends?

no problems in that scenario. much less of a chance of misunderstanding.

Yeah, honestly this is the only way unless you tell her you just want to be friends.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    I have tons of dude friends, it's never really been an issue. You said you just moved to the area and have been using stuff like meetup? How about "Gee, it's nice to finally get to meet some locals that remind me of the sort of people I was friends with back home! We should hang out sometime. I've been dying to see _______! " Just like you would any other friend.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    'Hey do you want to see _______ ? You don't have to worry about if there are heads in my freezer - it's not a date!!!' :tongue:
    'I don't kill my friends!' :laugh:

:embarassed: :noway:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    ask her to see it, but make sure you dont send out date signals like paying for her ticket, meeting with her before hand or putting her hand on your penis.

wait a minute...its not normal to place friend's hands on my penis? no wonder so many think im interested and/or gay!!!

I think the hand on penis is fine. The penis in the popcorn container trick crosses the line however.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Just ask her.
    I think us men over think things sometimes.
    Yeah you do. If someone said "I'm going to see ____, do you want to go?" I wouldn't think it was a date. If someone said "Do you want to go see a movie sometime?" I would think he was asking me out.

this is a good idea as well since it basically says i'm going to see it anyway as opposed to i specifically want to see it with you.

BOOM. problem solved.

after the movie maybe you can offer to be each other's wingman
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Just be honest, say you would like to be friends with her and ask her if she would like to hang out sometime. We like having guy friends too and as long as you are up front and honest with her about where you stand she will appreciate it, if she chooses not to be friends with you it is her loss.

THIS! If you try to find a code way of putting it, she might not understand (i wouldnt have understood the suggestions for phrasing it made by other posters). It might be embarrassing but the alternative is that she misunderstands, and you end up having to avoid someone you quite liked as a friend.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    "do you want to go and see Magic Mike, I hear it has some great visuals."

She definitely won't think you're interested in her....