Blood Pressure Monitor Recommendations

Options
My doctor has been after me to buy a home blood pressure monitor since he put me on meds for high blood pressure. Not being health conscience at the time, I didn't buy one then. My BP has been under control (with meds) for a long time now, so I haven't worry about it. When I went for my last check up, my blood pressure was low enough that my doctor made sure I knew the symptoms of having blood pressure that is too low. Of course, 2 months later his #1 symptom emrges, orthostatic hypotension. I get dizzy almost every time I stand up. I'm getting really annoyed at having to let my blood pressure get back to normal before I can walk after I stand up. I think need to start monitoring my BP so I can "help my doctor help me" as he would say.

Anyway, basically I was just needing to know a good, reliable, inexpensive home blood pressure monitor. Please let me know if you have and advice.

Replies

• sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    costco sells a model omeron bp moniter that you can upload the info to your computer and print out for your dr visits. i love it.
    also have a blood sugar moniter with the same capabilites and just love it so easy to keep track of vital info and easy for the dr to read.