Do you count fruits and veggies??

Options
124»

Replies

• gogogulliver
    gogogulliver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.

If I'm having a salad, I'll count the tomato and stuff but not the green leafy bits. Life is too short to be weighing your lettuce. In any case, if my calorie count is 50 calories off, it's fifty calories off. No biggy.
  • kidznpupz
    kidznpupz Posts: 5
    Options
    Absolutely!
    A little story - I have been a dedicated WW person for years and lost large chunks of weight twice. We 're talking 70-100 lbs.Of course I gained it back when I went off the program - but that's another problem :)
    Then I tried the lastest version of WW. At first I lost well but I was so overweight that anything I did that was healthier would have worked. I am now within 10lbs of my goal weight and I just couldn't lose. I dropped my points to the level that I started to feel woozy (not smart) but I kept eating "free" fruit. Not huge amounts but fruit for snacks and then my points on top of that.
    Let me tell you - I cound not drop a lb. Then I decided to count calories - every calorie.
    I joined this site and dropped five lbs. I still have weight to lose and it is slow. I am a smaller woman, post menopause , thyroid problems and 59 years old to boot.
    But my point is there is no such thing as "free" fruit - even small amounts. An apple is at least 70 calories. WW really messed it up this time with this re-invention of their Points program
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    for the record, I love ww. That is, the old momentum plan. I don't like the new version points plus. I lost quite 68 lbs using the momentum plan in 2007 and it certainly wasn't ww's fault I gained it back. That being said, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. We all have to find what works for us best. Millions of people have had success with ww and many other diets. Millions have failed at one diet or another. when I asked my doctor what diet plan I should follow he said he doesn't usually endorse programs but he did recommend ww. for the most part I believe if you work a diet, a diet will work for you. If one doesn't you just have to find the one that is right for you.

not being mean and i hope you know that - but if it worked for you, you wouldnt have so much weight to lose today. you started in 2007? thats plenty of time for it to have 'worked.'

just sayin.........best of luck.

just want to apologize - this has bothered me ever since I hit "post reply" my comment was unnecessary.
  • SaraLynn85
    SaraLynn85 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you all.. I will count them just seemed like a shocker when I actually looked at it in black and white!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with many. I count my fruits and veggies mostly because fruits reflect quite a bit once I start using them to replace unhealthy snacks. As for veggies I am just damn proud I am being adult about the whole "eat-your-greens" thing so I will carve them in stone if I must! :laugh:
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MFP isn't Weight Watchers and isn't set up to be. I count everything I eat, to get the most out of this site. Otherwise I could be going over by hundreds each day, potentially hindering my goals.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm a former WW member and when I joined MFP I had a hard, i mean HARD time wanting to count my fruits and veggies. Now I do it with no problem. Like everyone says; calories are calories. AND I think not counting fruit/veggies was the reason for my slow weight loss.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Some veggies have hardly any calories and some have lots. I do log all my fruits. They tend to stack up fast. Logging everything takes the guess work out of it and it also gives me an accurate picture of my macros (Protein, carbs, fat, etc) for the day.