Alcohol Free Wine...

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~chuckling~
    My first reaction was 'why?' though, like non-alcoholic beer there are reasons for some people.

I just would not be one of them.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Juice is wine before fermentation, alcohol free wine is fermented juice with the alcohol removed. It's like you're saying grape juice with a splash of vodka is actually wine. Alcohol isn't the only product or effect of fermentation.
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Why is the concept of someone not wanting alcohol so strange?
    It's strange to drink an alcoholic drink with the alcohol removed. If you don't want alcohol then drink something else.

Someone can enjoy the taste of wine or beer and not want the alcohol.

Mooser you are sooooo right, I love the taste of a nice glass of wine or even a beer but I hate how calorific it is or how inconvenient it is if you have to drive etc but while like a glass with your dinner.

Please check out the following website - it is actual wine and not Shloer or another fruit juice - it is award winning - we are about to order some :-)

http://www.arielvineyards.com/wines.html

ENJOY!!!!!!! :D x x
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have not found any that I like, but I would love to! :smile:
  • yankeegrl67
    Options
    More importantly, where can I find calorie free wine WITH alcohol?!

What she said.
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Abbey I just posted a link for you but here it is again incase you didn't see it - I like you love the taste of wine but not the hangover / calorie content :-)

http://www.arielvineyards.com/wines.html

Cheers!! ;-) Rach x x
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love wine and would not drink it without alcohol, but my mother is a recovering alcoholic (25 years sober now), and she is one who would appreciate trying this wine. She's had O'Douls also.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My mom tried it and did not enjoy it lol. So i never have
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    You mean Welch's Grape Juice :) Haha.
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't that just be juice?

i had the same exact thought when i saw the name of the post. lol
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I would drink it. I love wine, but alcohol does not love me (and enhances my traces of idiocy!). So I would drink something that looks/tastes like wine, but contains no alcohol. Straight grape juice is too heavy.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I hear welches makes some good alcohol free wine.. (unfermented grape juice..)
  • ekking69
    ekking69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I see the general consensus is why waste your time. Which I agree with and my mother would agree as well! She was recently diagnosed with cancer and while going through chemo, she is not allowed to enjoy her glass of wine. So to feel like she is, she is drinking alcohol free wine. And NOT ENJOYING IT AT ALL. It's a waste. It's a psychological thing only. I say, skip it entirely. Either enjoy the glass, or seriously, have the grape juice and lighten that up with some seltzer. :)
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    this is my choice... 1637D6A3-1D09-3519-ADA231F0C1F8D049.jpg&h=430&w=280

I love this stuff.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

it's not. The OP asked for opinions on alcohol free wine and they got them. If you can't have alcohol, then don't.
  • banger711
    banger711 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol free wine is like mentally masterbating, why bother?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    it's not. The OP asked for opinions on alcohol free wine and they got them. If you can't have alcohol, then don't.

I guess it's one thing to say you'd never try it and another to tell someone else if they can't have alcohol, they shouldn't have wine and beer sans the alcohol. I drink regular coffee, but I don't tell those who can't have caffeine they should just not have any coffee.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    lambrini light sparkling wine 40 cals a glass and 5.5% alcohol
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    The alcohol in wine is what adds that particular flavor, so wine without alcohol is not going to taste like that wine anymore.
    True, but there are also many other factors that contribute to the flavor of wine. Much more important than the alcohol itself. Age of grapes, barrel wood, fruits, herbs, spices, type of grape, location of vineyard, weather. Alcohol is just a tiny part of what makes wine wine. :) I drink it for the flavors and because it is so interesting how the grape can make that kind of thing :) I do not drink it specifically for the buzz or to get drunk. I do like a slightly dry wine, but it would be interesting to see how they achieve a dry wine without the production of alcohol from the fruit sugars.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

I guess it's one thing to say you'd never try it and another to tell someone else if they can't have alcohol, they shouldn't have wine and beer sans the alcohol. I drink regular coffee, but I don't tell those who can't have caffeine they should just not have any coffee.

this is a good point.

Mind you, I'd never drink decaf myself.